House of the Dead 1

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
DuffMan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

House of the Dead 1

Post by DuffMan »

Does anyone have this game for Saturn? I am thinking of buying one and wanted to know if this game is any good on it. Same with Resident Evil 1. Any word on these games?
OOH! YA! Duffman Says a lot of things.
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

RE for Saturn is quite good. Pretty much just like the PSOne game, if memory serves me correct. Never played HotD for Saturn...but I know the blood's green :?
DeGamer1
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer1 »

Yeah just like Vlad Tepes said, RE 1 is like the original psx game except they added somethings here and there which are not in the psx version (not even in the Directors Cut version)

Even though The House of the Dead does not look as good as the arcade (neither does the PC version) it still kics ass!! By default the blood color is green however you can change it with a code.
Oh, no. NO! You can't do this to me. Don't give me a playstation. NOOOOOOOOOO! I don't want a piece of crap. Take it back and burn it to heeelll!!! Die Sony Computer Entertainment with you PS (Piece of Sh?t) and your PS 2 (Piece of Sh?t?2)
ColGraff
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

You can also get the PC version

Post by ColGraff »

---link removed--- has House of the Dead, just run a search for it. The download isn't even that bad on a 56k modem - something aroung 20 megs, if memory serves.
Marijuana is a gateway drug to more destructive vices, like dreamcast :-)
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

naughty link removed has House of the Dead, just run a search for it. The download isn't even that bad on a 56k modem - something aroung 20 megs, if memory serves.
Games not freeware or shareware availible for download are warez. It is debateable as to whether a game that is no longer being made is actually hurting the author, but some of the games on this site are pretty recent.
Chalavet
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Chalavet »

The House of the Dead was available as shareware for download back in the days, and it was also included on the demos disc of PC Gamer magazine (I've got the issue). Whether or not it is that big, that I cann't recall.
LoUiS_ThA_KiLLa
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by LoUiS_ThA_KiLLa »

Buy a Saturn, it has to be my favorite console ever and its mufa fukin cheap!!! HOTD is an amasing game, the blood is green but theres a cheat to make it red or blue or what ever u want. There loads of games that kick a lot of arse so get one and be happy!!!!
-----> LoUiS ThA KiLLa
--------> KiCKiNG iT WHiLE YOU JUST KEEP iT SiMPLE
-------------> i LOVE THiS BOARD LiKE MY MOTHER & MOTA
-------------------> HOW DO YOU LiKE THOSE APPLES?
I@N
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by I@N »

The House Of The Dead has low resolution graphics, slightly choppy framerate and annoyingly long loading times.

However it is a great game and I still play it to this day (way more than the Virtua Cop games).

As has been mentioned, the blood is green by default but can easily be changed to red.

Obviously the game is greatly improved when played with the lightgun, don't even bother trying to play it with the joypad.

I hope this helps :)
Drink your weak lemon drink now!
Hatecrime69
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Hatecrime69 »

i was at a computer store today and i saw house of the dead 2 avaialbe for the pc :) but what's teh fun without a lightgun? oh well :)
discostu55555
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by discostu55555 »

then again hotd2 is only like ten bucks for dc..another ten for a gun...
LoUiS_ThA_KiLLa
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by LoUiS_ThA_KiLLa »

i prefuuur hotd1 to hotd2. theres somthing just not right with hotd2....

hmmmmmmmm
-----> LoUiS ThA KiLLa
--------> KiCKiNG iT WHiLE YOU JUST KEEP iT SiMPLE
-------------> i LOVE THiS BOARD LiKE MY MOTHER & MOTA
-------------------> HOW DO YOU LiKE THOSE APPLES?
Chalavet
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Chalavet »

I've got both Saturn games, and the comments of RE on PSX vs Saturn are right on target. As for The House of the Dead, I got that some months back. If you get the US version, plan on spending a pretty penny for that one. I spend $50 to get my hands on the US one, but you can get the SoJ release for about $15-$20. I cann't comment on compatibility issues though with the light guns. If you can find it for considerabley less than $50, consider yourself quite fortunate. If you like gun games, you can pick up Virtua Cop 1 and 2 for very little as well.
Hatecrime69
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Hatecrime69 »

right now i have vitura cop 2 for my dc (in the sega smach pack) and i really want house of the dead 2 for it also. Does the lightgun work with the vga adaptor?
drunkensailor
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by drunkensailor »

where can I find a cheap saturn??I'm looking 4 it 4 quite some time now
come in peace and leave in pieces

life is hard but the frontside of a train is harder