DreamSNES is OFFICIALLY ALIVE! ("Interview" with P

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
Psychlonic
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Psychlonic »

Sounds like a lot of crucial updating, but that is a tall order. How long would it take to port all of that?
finite
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by finite »

jessman wrote:Alotta people don't do Halloween because it's a kiddy holiday where you dress-up like fags (sorry moderaters) and knock on people's doors for candy.
Halloween is a pagan festive day, I'm pretty sure any pagans here would be pretty offended at your comments. But hey they're in the minority (just like homosexuals) so it's okay to bag them right?

Anyhow, this is all good news and stuff, but it doesn't really change anything because I never doubted they were still working on it. I can wait for them to release it, whenever that may be. Only time I'll bother getting excited is when a release date is given, getting your hopes up beforehand is silly.
SchmuckofNI
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by SchmuckofNI »

I think 9/9/03 for a release would be pretty cool considering its the DC's 4th birthday. Or 4/4/04.. That would be a long wait tho and worth while in the end.
FlashPV
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by FlashPV »

Hopefully we'll have a new Gen+DC or DreamEngine until then. :wink:
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

The Kron wrote:
jessman wrote:Alotta people don't do Halloween because it's a kiddy holiday where you dress-up like fags (sorry moderaters) and knock on people's doors for candy.
Thats interesting!, I never knew you Americans dressed up as Homosexuals for Halloween.

You guys sure do have some funny traditions :P
You really have to delve into the history of Halloween in America in order to understand the whole 'homosexual' angle it's taken here.
No signature.
nakamichi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by nakamichi »

Just go to http://www.snes9x.com/journal.asp and read the text to see what's cooking up for the next releases of Snes9x and you'll see why the DSNES Team is still waiting.

Super FX C code is still not updated :(
Much,much Faster Sound core is still not implemented :(
S-DD1 code is still not finalized :(
BS Satellaview BIOS needs a redump
More testing needed.

So,when 1.42 comes out,there might be a good chance to expect the next DreamSNES...

Until then,let's hope a good Genesis emu comes out :)
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

toastman wrote:
The Kron wrote:
Thats interesting!, I never knew you Americans dressed up as Homosexuals for Halloween.

You really have to delve into the history of Halloween in America in order to understand the whole 'homosexual' angle it's taken here.
But if heteros dress up as homos, and homos dress up as heteros, what does Jessman wear? I'm just kidding, Jessman. We know your parents didn't let you out of the house when you were little. Too dangerous. OK, OK, I'm kidding again..
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

toastman wrote:
The Kron wrote:

I have no idea what you guys are even talking about... :|
It's thinking...
nakamichi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by nakamichi »

Is this an off-topic or what?
Just stick with the main topic and don't flame each other.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

|darc| wrote:
toastman wrote:
The Kron wrote:

I have no idea what you guys are even talking about... :|
Kron was making fun of jessman for saying we dress up like fags, taking the phrase literally. I was merely playing along with it by pretending it was true.
No signature.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

Of course it's a ghey holiday
Celauve
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Celauve »

Can we continue talking about the DreamSNES? lol. Anyway, I look forward to the next release, especially if what's been said about bug fixes is true. I really wanna play Seiken Detsestu 3 without annoying bugs. I don't care what speed the emu is, as long as there's bug fixes, lol. I also wanna play Panic Bomber, and Panel De Pon again. I have them on my computer, but the DreamSNES is by FAR supirior for multiplayer. I've been looking around for a Genesis emulator for the DC that runs, again, I don't care about speed, I just wanna play wont that goes full screen, and wont randomly crap out on me.
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by jessman »

uh......dudes, it was a friggin' joke. Don't make fun of me, lol. I've done Halloween before, and I could if I wanted to, but I was joking about how not EVERYONE celebrates Halloween. Give me a break and throw me a frickin' bone here.

p.s. HAHAHAHA :D

Spreading his inquiries all over the net!

<^_^>
nakamichi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by nakamichi »

What's so good in going to your neighbors' house and singing:
Trick or Treat,suck my meat :)
hehehe
You should sing that for the next Halloween,maybe you'll get a bigger treat :)
nakamichi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by nakamichi »

You don't even need to dress up then,be cool - be naked :D
katraqueyous
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by katraqueyous »

Yeah, lets all be paient with this like we all have been. All I want to play is Slam Dunk 2 at a nice speed. I also hope the team makes the speedometer more visible for I can see it on my TV.
The people of the land were overjoyed at the gift God gave them, and they rejoiced and praised God, and chanted "DreamSNES rules, DreamSNES rules!"
frogcoin
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by frogcoin »

Yay i just see the great news today :mrgreen:

dreamsnes team keep the good work!!!
i hope that the people who keep bitching and yelling about "how long will take" or "there will be no more releases" or "hurry up dreamsnes" learn something with this :twisted:
Celauve
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Celauve »

Hey, it's perfectly understandable on how they could ditch it. I mean, they get no money for it, it was probably just for fun anyway. they've got lives, it's undrstandable on how they could forget about something this small, or put it off for a long time. If we payed, and still nothing, well, then there's something to complain about. Although, even if we could give donations, I'm sure it'd be illegal if we did. Although, I'm guessing this is just a temporary boost in interested on their part for this Emu, we might see an update soon, who knows, who cares. Odds are, something is going to happen in one of their lives, and they will all forget about this, and then someone else will make a new emulator, happens all the time. In any case though, see how often the actual SNES9x people update? Hardly ever, it's once in a blue moon you see SNES9x update, and when it's more than one update in a short period of time, well, that's just to fix bugs from the latest update. We're lucky they stil even pay attention to the emu at all, they have lives, and it's probably destroying their lives to devoteas much time as they are already on the emulator. I keep wondering myself, with all the people on these forums that program for DC emus, why is it nobody is making their own SNES one if the SNES9x is open source? I would, but I'm an idiot, lol.
Celauve
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Celauve »

Sorry if that sounded like too much of a downer, I've been kinda depressed today, and it reflected, sorry about that. Anyway, I'm excited too that it's still showing signs of life, I hope they don't give it a holiday theme this time, it's been kinda weird playing with a halloween theme in the middle of the summer, lol.
finite
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by finite »

Celauve wrote:they've got lives, it's undrstandable on how they could forget about something this small, or put it off for a long time.
I'd hardly consider all the time spent on writing and perfecting a SNES9x port of sorts for the Dreamcast a "small" thing.
Celauve wrote:Odds are, something is going to happen in one of their lives, and they will all forget about this, and then someone else will make a new emulator, happens all the time.
Happens all the time on the PC, perhaps. On the dreamcast where we have 1 maybe 2 emulators for a given system and a far smaller user base and community... No. If they stopped working on it now, and didn't release the source, I very much doubt someone else could bring a new SNES emulator up to the same standard, let alone improved, in any reasonable time.
Celauve wrote: I keep wondering myself, with all the people on these forums that program for DC emus, why is it nobody is making their own SNES one if the SNES9x is open source? I would, but I'm an idiot, lol.
Because we have DreamSNES, a highly advanced port that has been in production for at least 2 years according to this forum's archives. As I said before, it would take a long time for another port to reach the same level independant of DreamSNES.

In conclusion: I don't understand the point of your post.