Press Start

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
SurXes
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Press Start

Post by SurXes »

why the hell are "press start" screens still around? you dont turn on a game to admire the title screen you turn it on to play it

Xbox emulation how is this going to work? i havent seen a mod-chip for Xbox

are there any real USB mod chips? i seen a USB one for PS2 but theres one wire what the hell does solder mean?

has anyone installed one of these mod-chips? do you really need gameshark 2? or is there a way to get around it?

whats the best PS2 USB mod-chip? [name, what is it called i heard someone say neo key or somethign like that]

how come if a game comes out on this system then when it coes out on that system theres exclusive sh 8) t? i hate that

someone give me the answers i seek
~.::?urXes 6raffiX::.

"Distributor local street corner contributor"~J5
superfly_bonzai
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by superfly_bonzai »

what do you mean' how is xbox emulation gonna work without a mod chip' sure a mod chip isn't neccerary for emulation on the dreamcast, anyway a boot disc has been made for the xbox to boot up some basic apps which have been coded for the xbox. considering the xbox has a hard disc , a boot disc or mod chip might not neccesarily be needed.by the way, the xbox doesn't usestandard usb, it uses a modified type of usb port, to usb devies a special adapter would have to be made
how now brown cow?
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Press Start

Post by |darc| »

SurXes wrote: why the hell are "press start" screens still around? you dont turn on a game to admire the title screen you turn it on to play it
Hmm... If you want, go ahead and press "Start" and you'll be in the game and no longer have to worry why you have to press the start button :)
SurXes wrote: Xbox emulation how is this going to work? i havent seen a mod-chip for Xbox
I'm pretty sure there will be no need for a Mod-Chip to use Xbox homebrew apps such as emulators.
SurXes wrote: are there any real USB mod chips?
For PS2, yes they have Mod-Chips that plug-into the PS2 USB port. For Xbox, no, Xbox doesn't use USB.
SurXes wrote:what the hell does solder mean?
"Soldering" is to take a wire and use a soldering iron to connect it to something else such as a chip. The PS2 USB Mod-Chips require you to solder only one simple wire, while the internal Mod-Chips require you to solder many wires. Either way, you must open up your PS2. They do give instructions with the Mod-Chip.

SurXes wrote:has anyone installed one of these mod-chips? do you really need gameshark 2? or is there a way to get around it?
To use a PS2 Mod-Chip, you need a Gameshark2. I don't think they have developed a way around it yet.
SurXes wrote:whats the best PS2 USB mod-chip? [name, what is it called i heard someone say neo key or somethign like that]
I don't really know, but most should be fine. It depends on what you want to use it for (Imports, Backups, etc).
SurXes wrote:how come if a game comes out on this system then when it coes out on that system theres exclusive sh 8) t? i hate that
The reason they make exclusives is simple to understand. If you want to play Halo (a system exclusive), you must buy an Xbox. That way, if people want to play Halo, they must buy an Xbox. Xbox sales shoot higher up.
It's thinking...