Counter-Strike: Condition Zero

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Counter-Strike: Condition Zero

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

To ship February 1st, 2003.

Pre-Order it here

Screenshots: (Looks awesome)

btm4k
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by btm4k »

Cant wait! :D

Any idea of how much it will cost?
reaper2k2
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by reaper2k2 »

btm4k wrote:Cant wait! :D

ask cless he have it free thanks to warez
http://homebrew.dcemulation.com/dcgames/ *homebrew webbrowser games *

http://r2k2gate.topcities.com *dev site and my releases*
Im' a Commodorian are you?
area
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by area »

reaper2k2 wrote:
btm4k wrote:Cant wait! :D

ask cless he have it free thanks to warez
I was going to say that this would be a contender for most pirated game :)
Ghaleon
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Ghaleon »

Yea, I've been waiting for this since I first saw screenshots. After reading the description on how they've improved gameplay and things you could do, I was even more hyped. Been waiting too long already! :P
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

$39.99
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

the upcoming release of CS 1.6 will include the Galil for Terrorists and the Fusil and Riot Shield for CTs so we'll get a chance to play with some of the additions included in CZ for free before its released :D
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Yeah the riot shield sounds awesome.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

have fun waiting for it. Its initial release date was early summer of this year. It's been pushed back quite a lot... sounds a lot like Daikatana to me..
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
btm4k
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by btm4k »

I've also heard that Condition Zero is compatable with CS v1.6 :D
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

CZ will be free, the single player is the only thing that will cost.
Mugworm_Griblick

Post by Mugworm_Griblick »

BASICS:
This is a PREview, not a REview: Condition Zero was just announced to be released this fall. (I am 80% certain they'll finish it by then, too). CZ is an sequel to the hit internet game, Counter-Strike, which has been the #1 team-based shooter on the web for over 3 years. 70,000 fans cannot be wrong - Counter-Strike is the funnest, most addictive game you can play right now. Trust us. Check out reviews for Counter-strike if you don't believe me.

NEW MAPS, WEAPONS, & CHARACTERS:
New maps are themed from 6 new "Hot-spots", namely: North & South America, the Middle-East, northern Russia, Asia, and "urban" Europe. Each hot-spot has several maps to play on, and each map has 12 objectives to complete in order to unlock new weapons and characters. As the developers actually travels to these various locations for research, the maps look very realistic and authentic. Each map has 12 objectives to complete in the single player game, thus unlocking new weapons, maps and characters. You will outfit your team pre-mission, a la Rainbow Six, and as you unlock new soldiers you'll find each has unique skills, specialties, and personalities (ie, AI routines). I've heard there are over 160 characters in the game so far, so lots to unlock and play with.

New teams include the Russian Spetznatz for the Counter-terrorists, and extremist militia group for the terrorists. New weapons in CZ include: Machete, Galil, Famas, M60, Law Rocket, Molotov Cocktail, Machete, Riot Shield, tear-gas grenade and coresponding gas mask. The Riot Shield will add some very interesting strategy to old favorites like Dust and Militia; the Molotov cocktail also introduces fire to Counter-Strike, and sounds like the perfect terrorist weapon.

AI BOTS!
The greatest addition CZ brings are new AI bots. Finally, people without high-speed internet connections can enjoy the game. Basically, the developers, Gearbox, are working on a complex team-driven AI that mimics real players: your AI teammates will choose appropriate weapons, work in teams, cover choke points, and even do crazy stuff like jump irrationally in corners or do other weird things that people sometimes do. The bots actually learn your tactics and adjust accordingly. Some beta-testers for Gearbox have already reported that they have a hard time telling the computer-controlled characters apart from real players. The best part is that all the AI is script-able, meaning you can go in and adjust the AI to behave exactly how you want it to. I can't wait.

THE HUGE COMMUNITY ISN'T GOING AWAY:
One thing about CZ which might sound like a rip-off but is actually great - the multiplayer updates will be available for free online, including the new maps and weapons. That means that the 70,000+ current players can play with the new CZ players right when the game comes out. There won't be a division between "haves" and "have-nots". Of course, those people who download the free updates will miss out on much of CZ's coolest features, like the single player bots and new graphics.

NEW GRAPHICS:
The game still uses the ancient Quake 2 engine (5 years old!) but Gearbox has somehow managed to make CZ look good. The game supports high-res textures, 32-bit color, and trilinear filtering. There are also new, high-geometry character models and weapons. This doesn't make CZ look as good as Doom 3, but it still stands up pretty well for today's standards. And this graphical update is only available to people who buy CZ, not those who just download the free updates.
looks awesome :)

any idea on what the minimum system specs will look like?

?@ Cheatah? whats the thing called that you plug things into, the power socket?

<Dilbert> Cheatah
<Dilbert> have you heard the jokes they dont tell fags?
?@ Cheatah? no
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Mugworm_Griblick wrote:
looks awesome :)

any idea on what the minimum system specs will look like?
I wouldnt expect them to be too high, considering they're still using the same engine.
Mugworm_Griblick

Post by Mugworm_Griblick »

cool

not that it makes much difference to me anyway, cause i'm getting my geforce 4 ti4600 in a couple days heh.

?@ Cheatah? whats the thing called that you plug things into, the power socket?

<Dilbert> Cheatah
<Dilbert> have you heard the jokes they dont tell fags?
?@ Cheatah? no
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Mugworm_Griblick wrote:cool

not that it makes much difference to me anyway, cause i'm getting my geforce 4 ti4600 in a couple days heh.
It'll definately work with your geforce 4mx card...
It's thinking...
btm4k
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by btm4k »

I am stuck with a 4 MB "ATI 256 something" :(

I will probably recieve it tomarrow. :(