What does the "extra items" GS code do?

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

kencaesi
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

What does the "extra items" GS code do?

Post by kencaesi »

Admittedly this might be beyond the scope of the purpose so Sylverant, I hope the reader can understand the difficulty trying to find support for a 10+ year old game.

In VMI downloads that pretain to codes PSO codes created by the Game Software Code Creator Club (I think that is what they called themselves) might remember a entry for "Extra Items" with 1B24137D 0000315C - What does this code do? How do I use it?
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Re: What does the "extra items" GS code do?

Post by Aleron Ives »

The name would suggest that it allows you to hold more than 30 items, which would probably corrupt your save file or have other unintended side effects, since the game isn't designed to track more than 30 items at a time. It might also be used to let you stack items beyond x10, which would probably be more stable.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
kencaesi
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
Been thanked: 0

Re: What does the "extra items" GS code do?

Post by kencaesi »

Thank you so much for the reply - your answer also explained why my save file was corrupted when I used it in a attempt to obtain certain items. Now I have start from scratch to create another PSOv1 character.