Dads of DCEmu

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
lazareth
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Dads of DCEmu

Post by lazareth »

melancholy wrote:We just found out our second is going to be a girl. My wife is happy, but all I can think about is all the money we will have to spend.
>Diapers: $50/month for 2~4 years
>Pacifiers: $5~10/month (unless you ignore the warning about replacing them every 4 weeks)
>Car Seat: $50~120 (unless you kept the old one)
>Swing: $50~120 (if you've never bought a swing for your first, you missed out, only way to get any sleep for first 6 months. Either buy rechargeable batteries or get one with a wall plug)
>Toys: $unkown (depends on how spoiled the child will be for the next 18 years
>Clothes: unkown cost (same as above)
>Food: $50/month for the second year, doubles for the next two, and then increases depending on weight/height/age.
>Taking pictures for future blackmail: priceless.

Seriously though, best moments maybe?
>Got a photo of my oldest child chasing laser dot like a dog.
>Photo of oldest child plastered with cake icing (2 years) when she got up morning after birthday, broke into kitchen (babygate) and ate about 1/2 sheet of icing from cake.
>Photo of oldest child finger painting on the wall with her own dirty diaper (1.5 years?). (my wife spent time in the bathroom trying to not throw up at that sight.... )

Eh, may post more later.... battery almost dead.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

melancholy wrote:We just found out our second is going to be a girl.
Are you me? Because we just found out our second is going to be a girl also. I'm pretty happy about it. One of each seems the best way to go if you're going to have kids, so it's nice to get lucky that way.
lazareth
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by lazareth »

*Looks at two daughters*

Yeah, I'm gonna just need to buy a shotgun since I wasn't lucky enough to get a boy and we aren't going to try for another..... ever.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Specially Cork wrote:
Are you me? Because we just found out our second is going to be a girl also. I'm pretty happy about it. One of each seems the best way to go if you're going to have kids, so it's nice to get lucky that way.

Honest question: does the one-child rule not apply to you?
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Jeeba Jabba wrote:
Specially Cork wrote:

Good question!

They relaxed the policy a while ago so Chinese that don't have any brothers or sisters themselves are allowed to have two kids. It needed to be both parents for a while, but recently changed to only one.

This obviously effects a lot of Chinese who were products of the one-child-policy system themselves so two child families are just starting to become common again. A lot of the younger kids at my school are starting to have baby brothers and sisters now which is an interesting change compared with just a few years ago when it was pretty much unheard of.

Unfortunately the fact I'm not Chinese at all means nothing.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Specially Cork wrote:
Jeeba Jabba wrote:
Specially Cork wrote:

Good question!

They relaxed the policy a while ago so Chinese that don't have any brothers or sisters themselves are allowed to have two kids. It needed to be both parents for a while, but recently changed to only one.

This obviously effects a lot of Chinese who were products of the one-child-policy system themselves so two child families are just starting to become common again. A lot of the younger kids at my school are starting to have baby brothers and sisters now which is an interesting change compared with just a few years ago when it was pretty much unheard of.

Unfortunately the fact I'm not Chinese at all means nothing.

Hmph. I had no idea. Thanks for the info.

Also, as of two weeks ago, I'm going to be a dad. I don't have any hopes or preference regarding the gender, only that it becomes a DCEmu moderator.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Jeeba Jabba wrote:Also, as of two weeks ago, I'm going to be a dad. I don't have any hopes or preference regarding the gender, only that it becomes a DCEmu moderator.
Hmm. I'll think about it.
It's thinking...
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

Jeeba Jabba wrote:
Also, as of two weeks ago, I'm going to be a dad. I don't have any hopes or preference regarding the gender, only that it becomes a DCEmu moderator.
Congratulations. You are going to be more tired than you ever thought possible.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

not just souLLy now wrote:
Jeeba Jabba wrote:
Congratulations. You are going to be more tired than you ever thought possible.

I believe it. I worked 24 hour shifts for 5 years, so hopefully that part of my life has conditioned me somewhat.
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

Dadbros of DC Emu -

I am now one of you. Olivia Lynn Vashaw was born on Feb 7.

https://www.facebook.com/vashaw/media_s ... 5.46103502
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister

Post by S. Thompson »

impetus wrote:Dadbros of DC Emu -

I am now one of you. Olivia Lynn Vashaw was born on Feb 7.

https://www.facebook.com/vashaw/media_s ... 5.46103502
Congrats again, Austin!

- Steve
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Well, my daughter was born this morning, so I get to start all over again. I'm very happy - I always wanted a boy and a girl with a few years between them so it's great that things have worked out so perfectly.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Specially Cork wrote:Well, my daughter was born this morning, so I get to start all over again. I'm very happy - I always wanted a boy and a girl with a few years between them so it's great that things have worked out so perfectly.

Not sure if I congratulated you or not on Facebook, but congrats again regardless.

We found out we're having a boy. He'll be showing up at the end of November.
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

Glad to see everyone has a family and a happy life. Me though I'm 27 and pretty much just lonely and miserable. :lol:
It's cool though, life just isn't for some people. Some people are made for life and to be happy and all that, and other people don't really belong here. I plan on leaving ASAP. I think this was just a failed attempt, I don't belong here at all. Maybe after death I will be somewhere I belong.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Calavera wrote:Glad to see everyone has a family and a happy life. Me though I'm 27 and pretty much just lonely and miserable. :lol:
It's cool though, life just isn't for some people. Some people are made for life and to be happy and all that, and other people don't really belong here. I plan on leaving ASAP. I think this was just a failed attempt, I don't belong here at all. Maybe after death I will be somewhere I belong.
I know you're probably not going to listen to some random bloke on the internet, but if you're being serious I hope you will listen to me and speak to someone immediately.

Call 1 (800) 273-TALK to get in touch with Samaritans.

I almost didn't post this, because I feel I should say more but I don't know what. I can't just let a post like this go without a reply though. Please speak with someone.
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

Specially Cork wrote:
I know you're probably not going to listen to some random bloke on the internet, but if you're being serious I hope you will listen to me and speak to someone immediately.

Call 1 (800) 273-TALK to get in touch with Samaritans.

I almost didn't post this, because I feel I should say more but I don't know what. I can't just let a post like this go without a reply though. Please speak with someone.
I appreciate your concern man I really do. I appreciate the number but that isn't going to help. It isn't even like I'm horribly depressed and want to kill myself, I'm level headed about it all. I just really have no purpose all I do is basically exist. Also in the last couple months things have gotten even worse. Imo there is no use to continue living for another 50 years or so if I'm not going to be happy. I first really started thinking seriously about ending it back in 2009 and I got the old "things will get better you'll see" so at the time I thought ok then I'll wait 5 years, if things haven't gotten better in 5 years I doubt they ever will. Well it is now around 6 years and it seems things have gotten worse. I won't mention it again though, I don't want people to think I want them to feel sorry for me or am just looking for attention because I promise that isn't the case. I know a lot of people who talk about suicide really have no intentions on doing it they just want the attention.