Dreamcast not working sometimes

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Dreamcast not working sometimes

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

So i had a dreamcast, it had this problem, i tried to fix it and i caused an heavy hazard damage by doing it, then i got a new DC, so in order to play phantasy star online i needed to change the "power converter" to my old DC, it worked, but the problem was there again, changed the ports, changed the GD-rom drive, the only thing that was the same was the fan with led and the main board under the DC.

SO the problem is this, the dreamcast simply stops working, it stops all activity, it doesn't show any image, doesn't read the CD and i basicly lose my gameplay at the time and i need to restart.

So some of you may think this is a reset problem, it ISN'T, a reset is based on poor connection, i have some holes on the side to keep the DC fresh, i have aplied the presure on the pins and stuff like that, not to mention any weird connection would be detected by the led that i have at the fan, since it's connected directly the the power output, i always know when the connection is low because the led starts to blink when the console consumes more power (aka reading disks when loading)

so where is the problem, it's not on the port section because i changed it with new hardware, the power converter was replaced, the GD-rom was replaced, the only thing left is the fan and the board inside wich i doubt that they can give problems.

again a simple resume on the problem, the console stays ON (the led is active) but everything else fails, sometimes even opening or closing the lid doesn't do anything, the dreamcast doesn't even bother to read the disk, BUT a slap on the side is enough to keep it working, but it can work for 5 seconds or for 5 hours.
BongDC
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Dreamcast not working sometimes

Post by BongDC »

Are you using the correct power cord?