Classic wiimote to DC mod

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
phisejr
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Classic wiimote to DC mod

Post by phisejr »

Is it possible to use the Classic wiimote attachment on the Dreamcast ? maybe through a converter or maybe a mod. then the DC will have 2 analog stick support.
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Re: Classic wiimote to DC mod

Post by Prophet][ »

No, the controller bus one the DC isn't designed to handle to 2 analogue sticks as far as I know. Even if it could the only real way to convert it would be to physically map it from another controller and none have 2 analogue sticks.
Ayla
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Ayla »

http://mc.pp.se/dc/controller.html

The DC can handle two analog stick per controller.
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

From what I remember the bleem!pods supported it.

Insane homebrew collector.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Prophet][ wrote:No, the controller bus one the DC isn't designed to handle to 2 analogue sticks as far as I know. Even if it could the only real way to convert it would be to physically map it from another controller and none have 2 analogue sticks.
The DC did handle two analog sticks, it was used for the arcade Twin Sticks controller.
It's thinking...
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

|darc| wrote:
Prophet][ wrote:No, the controller bus one the DC isn't designed to handle to 2 analogue sticks as far as I know. Even if it could the only real way to convert it would be to physically map it from another controller and none have 2 analogue sticks.
The DC did handle two analog sticks, it was used for the arcade Twin Sticks controller.
Both wrong-ish. Yes the DC's controller could use two analog sticks. It also had the ability to have two digital directional inputs (D-Pads). Twinsticks used two D-Pads with sticks attached, it had no analog input at all.

afaik, the only DC peripheral that used all six analog inputs (L,R,X1,Y1,X2,Y2) was the DenshaDeGo controller.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

Christuserloeser wrote:From what I remember the bleem!pods supported it.

I remember waiting for those to come out right after I bought my GT2 Bleemcast so I wouldn't have to waste an entire VMU just for that game.
phisejr
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by phisejr »

so you guys still think its impossible ? for the dual analog support on the Dreamcast ?
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

phisejr wrote:so you guys still think its impossible ? for the dual analog support on the Dreamcast ?
No, but still not worth the time really unless you REALLY want it badly.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

didn't two bleempods protoypes finally get auctioned off a few years ago? Who ended up getting their hands on em?
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

sweaterfish deluxe had one that he sold to metafox, but it was never shown if it actually did change hands (in the thread he couldn't get ahold of MF). viewtopic.php?f=36&t=64184
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

Quzar wrote:sweaterfish deluxe had one that he sold to metafox, but it was never shown if it actually did change hands (in the thread he couldn't get ahold of MF). viewtopic.php?f=36&t=64184
What makes it better than a total converter?
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

IIRC it did something like translated ALL the buttons. DC can have 3 analog sticks and 8 buttons. Since the total control and similar ones are designed to work on DC games and not PS games, they do not translate such things.
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

Quzar wrote:IIRC it did something like translated ALL the buttons. DC can have 3 analog sticks and 8 buttons. Since the total control and similar ones are designed to work on DC games and not PS games, they do not translate such things.
Yeah that makes sense. Just don't see why somebody would want one. I know Gran Turismo 2 didn't use the other analog stick. I'm not sure about Tekken or Metal Gear.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Calavera wrote:
Quzar wrote:IIRC it did something like translated ALL the buttons. DC can have 3 analog sticks and 8 buttons. Since the total control and similar ones are designed to work on DC games and not PS games, they do not translate such things.
Yeah that makes sense. Just don't see why somebody would want one. I know Gran Turismo 2 didn't use the other analog stick. I'm not sure about Tekken or Metal Gear.
Well, since only two or three prototypes were made, it's quite rare. Combine that with the interesting nature of Bleemcast to begin with, and you have a video game museum piece.
kohan69
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by kohan69 »

phisejr wrote:so you guys still think its impossible ? for the dual analog support on the Dreamcast ?
Only if you convert the D-pad to the second one.

Take apart a PS1 dual-analogue stick controller, rewire dpad's buttons to right analogue stick

Done.

2 sticks