Fiddler's 2010 Cleaning the Garage Sale

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Fiddler's 2010 Cleaning the Garage Sale

Post by DaMadFiddler »

I'll be adding to this list over the next few days, as I go through things and try to clear out some stuff.

All video games are $8 each, or $6 each if you buy two or more. All other items are priced as marked.

Please note that these prices don't include shipping. I'll have to calculate shipping on some of the larger items, but I will get it to you as cheaply (and safely!) as possible.

Vidja Games
- Alien Hominid (complete, never opened - PS2)
- Blast Works: Build, Create, Destroy (complete - Wii)
- Broken Sword (cartridge only - GBA)
- DOOM (cartridge only - GBA)
- Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits (complete - DS)
- Super Monkey Ball (complete - PS2)
- Worms 3D (complete - GameCube)
- Worms Blast (disc only - GameCube)

Music & Sound
- Logitech z 640 5.1 computer surround sound speakers - $25
- Mr. Bungle self-titled album (CD) - $3
- Pioneer 60w bookshelf speakers with dome tweeters - $40
- Samson R11 cardioid dynamic microphone (new in box) - $20
- Sony CD Walkman with MP3 & ATRAC playback + Sony cassette Walkman (CD player has 50 hour battery life and LCD 2-line display for file navigation; includes AC adapter and car power adapter for CD Walkman, leather carrying case for both) - $20

Random Electronics
- ATi Remote Wonder with USB dongle (disc missing, but drivers available online) - $20
- JVC 7-disc DVD changer (includes original remote, and manual if I can find it) - $20
- Smith Corona word processing typewriter w/LCD preview screen and serial port for use as printer (includes used but still good ribbon) - $35
- Sylvania portable DVD player for car (new in box - includes car power adapter, mounting strap, carrying case, remote) - $55

Even More Random Non-Electronics
- Millennium Falcon original-run toy for use with 1970s/80s action figures (nothing is broken, and the electric noisemaking motor works, but all moving parts and most decals are missing) - $10
- Royal Heritage 3 portable manual typewriter w/carrying case (works, needs new ribbon) - $25
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Re: Fiddler's 2010 Cleaning the Garage Sale

Post by impetus »

Can you provide a pic of the Millenium Falcon?
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

impetus wrote:Can you provide a pic of the Millenium Falcon?
I'll get a picture posted tonight. It's the original version of the toy, so it has a little motor with a noisemaker instead of a digital sound effects chip. The top hatch, cockpit hatch, satellite dish, and gun turret are missing, but all three landing legs are still there.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

I might be interested in the typewriter. Does everything function fine on it? What type of ribbon does it use? And how much would shipping be (ballpark)?

I'm also having a little difficulty finding the model.. Got any more information on it?
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Lartrak wrote:I might be interested in the typewriter. Does everything function fine on it? What type of ribbon does it use? And how much would shipping be (ballpark)?

I'm also having a little difficulty finding the model.. Got any more information on it?
Which typewriter are you referring to: the Smith Corona electric, or the Royal manual?

The Smith Corona is an SD-800. It takes the same type of ribbon cartridges used by most modern Smith Corona typewriters, which are widely available and generally $8-$15 at office supply stores. It comes with a power cord and the original snap-on keyboard cover with carrying handle. There is a ribbon cartridge currently in it, which is good and does have some use left in it (but I don't know how much of the ribbon has been used).

The Royal is a Heritage III. The Heritage typewriters are slightly modified Royal Futura 800s rebranded for sale through Montgomary Ward. The typewriter works perfectly, though the screw on the carriage-return lever needs to be tightened. (This takes maybe two minutes and a small wrench or pliers; it's just a small screw and a nut that make up the joint). It takes a generic small spool ribbon, used by most portable manual typewriters and many printing calculators. These can typically be had for $3-$10 at office supply stores. There is a ribbon currently in it, but it is out of ink. This typewriter comes with its original carrying case, which the typewriter latches into for secure carrying. It's manual, so it does not need a power cord. It is light blue in color.

If you give me your zipcode and let me know which one you want, I'll try to get a shipping estimate. Typewriters aren't the lightest things in the world, but I can't see shipping being more than about $20.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

...I just realized these images are flipped. (Photo Booth by default gives you a mirror image, which you manually have to flip back). Sorry about that; but these should still give you a pretty decent indicator of the condition.
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

Not interested, but thanks for posting the pics.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

impetus wrote:Not interested, but thanks for posting the pics.
Yeah, there's a reason it's cheap :wink: