2 Questions regarding emus

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
lun7200
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

2 Questions regarding emus

Post by lun7200 »

Question 1

I'm somewhat reborn into dreamcast mod scene and im having some trouble running emulators.

I know my DC is capable of running cd-r because way back in the DC heyday i used to run them but that was a while back

I'm trying to run SuperFamicast (Snes9x for the DC just in case) but i cant seem to load it.

I already have a DC loader, (Utopia 6.1)

It boots up and you get to the reindeer screen.

I know the loader works because I can still run my old cd-r from it

BUT i cant run a fresh copy of SuperFamicast i just burned. I burned it using DiscJuggler and i followed this tutorial
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=55372

Any help would be appreciated.

Question 2

Assuming I get the emu booting, how do I make a disc with ROMS, can they be made with DiscJuggler? And how do I swap discs in SuperFamicast
Stryfe
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Re: 2 Questions regarding emus

Post by Stryfe »

I already have a DC loader, (Utopia 6.1)
Why use a boot disc? Just make the emu/app you want to use selfboot.
BUT i cant run a fresh copy of SuperFamicast i just burned. I burned it using DiscJuggler and i followed this tutorial
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=55372
That's an old school tutorial...

Try using Bootdreams ith the cdrecord option (burning straight from BD). I recommend using a rewritable cd-rw first to see if your drive is capable of using the cdrecord option first. If not, use Bootdreams to create a CDI or NRG image. You can burn the CDI images with Discjuggler/Alcohol 120, or burn the NRG image with Nero.
ImageImageImageImage
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Re: 2 Questions regarding emus

Post by curt_grymala »

Stryfe wrote:I recommend using a rewritable cd-rw first to see if your drive is capable of using the cdrecord option first.
Just make sure you don't try to use that CD-RW in your Dreamcast. While it won't do any damage or anything, it won't work in there, either. The DC isn't capable of reading CD-RWs without physical modifications (which are rumored to shorten the lifespan of the system).
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.