FINAL FANTASY CHALLENGE **SPOILERS**

Be careful where you tread in here...
Specially Cork
https://www.houzz.com/pro/kuchnie/

FINAL FANTASY CHALLENGE **SPOILERS**

Post by Specially Cork »

I have decided that in order to fulfill my commitment as a Final fantasy fan, achieve something to be proud of in my life, and to save money on new videogames, I will be attempting to beat a large number of Final Fantasy games between now and when Final Fantasy XIII comes out in English. Some of these games I've beaten before, but I'll play them again anyway. This thread will be a blog for my amazing RPG adventure! I'm sure you will fucking love reading about me playing games. My one rule is simple: I can't play or buy any other videogames* until I finish this shit.

Here is my list:
FINAL FANTASY I (PSP REMAKE)
FINAL FANTASY II (PSP REMAKE)
FINAL FANTASY III (DS REMAKE)
FINAL FANTASY IV ADVANCE (MARCH 27 2009 - CURRENTLY PLAYING!)
FINAL FANTASY V ADVANCE
FINAL FANTASY VI ADVANCE
FINAL FANTASY VII (MARCH 27 2009 - COMPLETE!)
CRISIS CORE: FINAL FANTASY VII (MARCH 01 2009 - COMPLETE!)
FINAL FANTASY VIII
FINAL FANTASY IX
FINAL FANTASY X
FINAL FANTASY X-2
FINAL FANTASY XII

Let's get fucking started. I'm counting on your support, especially Melancholy because you've probably already done this, or are much closer than I am.

*obviously some quick pick up and play stuff is exempt
Specially Cork

Re: FINAL FANTASY CHALLENGE

Post by Specially Cork »

Alright, I've started with an old favourite - FF7 to get me in the mood. It's a great game to play through again when you already know the ending. Just got into Shinra HQ. Good times. Tifa's boobs are FUCKING HUGE in this game, I just wish there was more detail to them :(
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Re: FINAL FANTASY CHALLENGE **SPOILERS**

Post by not just souLLy now »

MORE LIKE NIGGER FANTASY AMIRITE
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Luriden »

not just souLLy now wrote:MORE LIKE NIGGER FANTASY AMIRITE
omg u should totally make a halo video on youtube but have nigger voices and make it like final fantasy and call it nigger halo fantasy 69.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

The only three on your list that I haven't played through are Final Fantasy II, III, and X-2. Well, I have actually played X-2, but it was so shit that I couldn't be bothered to invest more than 6 hours into it. Anyway, VII is a good choice to start with considering you were playing Crisis Core earlier.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

OK i just got out of Midgar, and it was like "make your party", then gave me the choice between 2 bitches, a black dude, and some cat thing. Now, that isn't really a choice at all, because it's obviously the bitches. Then the black dude was like "thought you might do that" but the game went all glitchy and the "fuck yeah, enjoy your talking cat" option didn't appear, so we just went our seperate ways.
Well, I have actually played X-2, but it was so shit that I couldn't be bothered to invest more than 6 hours into it.
I already beat it twice... :oops:

Just to confirm, I've also beaten 7,8,10,12 and played quite a lot of 3,4,5,6 but we're doing them all again from scratch.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Just got the buggy. Off to get Big Guard, White Wind, Aqualung and Beta for my Enemy Skill materias
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

You might as well go see the sleeping man in the cave and get your Mythril while you're at it. And of course power leveling with the alarm in Junon.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

melancholy wrote:You might as well go see the sleeping man in the cave and get your Mythril while you're at it. And of course power leveling with the alarm in Junon.
Power leveling with the alarm in Junon? I always power leveled on some island you can only get to with the airship... it's been 8 years since I played it so I can't remember the name of the island or what it's called... but there's a small island that has a bunch of monsters that aren't hard, but worth a lot of exp. I honestly can't even remember the alarm in Junon...
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Luriden wrote:
melancholy wrote:You might as well go see the sleeping man in the cave and get your Mythril while you're at it. And of course power leveling with the alarm in Junon.
Power leveling with the alarm in Junon? I always power leveled on some island you can only get to with the airship... it's been 8 years since I played it so I can't remember the name of the island or what it's called... but there's a small island that has a bunch of monsters that aren't hard, but worth a lot of exp. I honestly can't even remember the alarm in Junon...
There's a small corridor in the upper-city, you can turn an alarm on there causing some juicy-exp random battles to occur, plus their is a cheap inn and savepoint very nearby. It isn't the best levelling spot in the game, but you can hit it very early on.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

BoneyCork wrote:
Luriden wrote:
There's a small corridor in the upper-city, you can turn an alarm on there causing some juicy-exp random battles to occur, plus their is a cheap inn and savepoint very nearby. It isn't the best levelling spot in the game, but you can hit it very early on.
Yeah, it's the best leveling place for disc 1. Basically you trigger an alarm that sends out enemies you won't see until disc 2, so they are typically 10-15 levels above you. Fighting these battles are like miniature boss fights, but an hour spent there can easily jump your entire crew 10 levels.

But once you are on disc 2, the Mideel region becomes the best place to level (the island you were referring to). And obviously the crater is the best leveling spot on disc 3, specifically the left path, and especially if you made a ton of elixirs from the W-Item to give to Magic Pots.
Untamed
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Untamed »

melancholy wrote:Yeah, it's the best leveling place for disc 1. Basically you trigger an alarm that sends out enemies you won't see until disc 2, so they are typically 10-15 levels above you. Fighting these battles are like miniature boss fights, but an hour spent there can easily jump your entire crew 10 levels.

But once you are on disc 2, the Mideel region becomes the best place to level (the island you were referring to). And obviously the crater is the best leveling spot on disc 3, specifically the left path, and especially if you made a ton of elixirs from the W-Item to give to Magic Pots.

Well those are good tips to know. I usually get pretty frustrated around Junon and Ft Condor, and that's where I usually give up.

I have a confession... I've never made it past disc 1 of FF7... I really do want to revisit it though. It's actually a toss up of FFVII and Shenmue after I finish getting irritated with Mass Effect.
"Ignorance can be cured, stupidity cannot."
Roofus wrote:Gay marriage and donkey rape are the same thing. Duh. :roll:
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Perhaps you should read this thread, especially my first post on Page 1, and my second post on Page 2.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=88450
Untamed
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Untamed »

Well, I've made it to about the 10 hour mark several times, and the furthest I made it was RedXIII's hometown and the dungeon there. I've always just put it down and never gotten back to it.

BUT, putting down a game and not getting back to it is a usual habit for me, except I usually get further. In FFIV I'm right at the end. FFV I'm right at the end. FFVIII, I'm about to fight Edea on disc 4. On FFIX I'm about to fight trance Kuja, and that guy after him. In FFX I'm about to fight the Ronsos on the way to Zanarkand.

I have an extreme dislike for FFX, but I've gotten further in it than I have in VII. Hmmm.... Well, I'm going to have to give it another shot. Maybe I should just do the FF challenge, like you, when I'm done screaming at Mass Effect (seriously, makes me want to throw my controller).

Maybe I should do an XBox Bioware challenge. I just beat KOTOR, and I'm in Mass Effect. I have KOTOR II lined up to go after, and Jade Empire.

But, Shenmue has been calling me, softly... And I just picked up Shenmue II (DC), so it would be a good excuse, to be able to run through both games start to finish. Esp since I put 4 hours into Shenmue and haven't gone back.

Argh. :lol:
"Ignorance can be cured, stupidity cannot."
Roofus wrote:Gay marriage and donkey rape are the same thing. Duh. :roll:
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

BoneyCork, about 7 years ago wrote:I hate Final Fantasy and all other RPGs.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

I haven't even touched Final Fantasy VII for five/six years.
I did get up to Sephiroth (after PLAYING IT WRONG) and got my ass handed to me every time. Really, the only game in the franchise I mastered was VIII.

I should give VII a go again.

I was also playing through V not that long ago.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Jeeba Jabba wrote:
I almost certainly said that.
DaMadFiddler wrote:Image

The best thing about this is it will be more child friendly. Which is important.
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

Jeeba Jabba wrote:
He was right.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

not just souLLy now wrote:
Jeeba Jabba wrote:
He was right.
Fuck off. Do you even play videogames anymore? The last fun thing you did with a videogames console was make a 20-slide powerpoint presentation about the pros and cons of Microsoft using a lime-green X to promote their product, backed up with several references to 1970s psychology proving the logo effectively targets its core demographic.