Fox does not like Obama's nod to "non-believers".

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
U-said-it
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Fox does not like Obama's nod to "non-believers".

Post by U-said-it »

I know this is a little old, but I thought I run it by. It seems Obama's move to include atheists in his inaugural address has led to some anti-fans...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twoXZE9U0Io

Does anyone with half a brain watch, or at worse believe anything aired on Fox news?
ImageImage
Specially Cork

Re: Fox does not like Obama's nod to "non-believers".

Post by Specially Cork »

U-said-it wrote:I know this is a little old, but I thought I run it by. It seems Obama's move to include atheists in his inaugural address has led to some anti-fans...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twoXZE9U0Io

Does anyone with half a brain watch, or at worse believe anything aired on Fox news?
America is a nation under god.
To be American is to trust in god.
An atheist is neither under god nor trusting god.
Therefore an atheist is not American.
So an atheist is not part of the American nation.

The fact that Obama denies this is extremely offensive to the millions of true Americans out there.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

I give props to Obama for this. I also have to agree that Huckabee's pronouncement was far more offensive - in that it actually could offend someone of a reasonable mind, unlike Obama's speech.

To my knowledge, this is the first time a president has deliberately included "non-believers" in an inclusive statement like that. I certainly haven't heard us mentioned this way in any presidential speech before. It boggles my mind that such a significant percentage of Americans (at a minimum, 5%) can be so repeatedly snubbed by our leaders (who always go out of their way to mention Jews and Muslims), but hey, we're used to it.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

I'm more offended that he mentioned Islamists. Doesn't he know that they want to kill us? I guess he felt he had to though, since he is one.