Recording from camcorder to PC

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Recording from camcorder to PC

Post by Luriden »

I'm trying to record some old video tapes on my computer from a camcorder with RCA cables. I have a capture card, and I've used it before to record game footage and crap like that by plugging the RCA cables in and using DScaler to record. However, when plugging the camcorder in and viewing it with DScaler, the quality is extremely distorted and "wavy-looking" like an old, old VCR tape. But when I plug the camcorder straight into my TV, it looks fine. Any ideas on how to fix this and/or what program I should use to properly record these tapes?
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Re: Recording from camcorder to PC

Post by hearld500 »

Honestly your best bet it to use nero vision. It'll import video from the card, you can do basic edits, and then burn it.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

I might also suggest VirtualDub's capture, as it is a very low level type of capture and has numerous tweaking options you can try.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Polymira
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Polymira »

Firewire...
--pSyCo
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Polymira wrote:Firewire...
You might notice he said they were old. The implication being they're not MiniDV tapes, but something older, like Hi8 or VHS-C or what not.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Polymira
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Polymira »

Oi, i honestly didn't read the entire thing. Thought he wanted live video from the camera.

Luriden - Have you tried any other software first off?

Otherwise, you might want to try the software from your capture cards manufacture just to see if it solves the issue.
--pSyCo