King of the Hill "Canceled"

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

King of the Hill "Canceled"

Post by Nico0020 »

"King of the Hill" is over the hill at Fox, which is canceling the long-running animated comedy.

Final episodes of the half-hour series, now in its 13th year, likely will air during the 2009-10 season, Fox said Friday. The network recently ordered 13 new episodes, and animated series have a long production schedule.

"King of the Hill" chronicles the life of blue-collar family man Hank Hill of Texas and his family and friends. Hank is voiced by series co-creator and executive producer Mike Judge. Others in the cast include Kathy Najimy, Brittany Murphy and Stephen Root
After 13 seasons, I dont think you can say it is being canceled. The show had a good run, and they thankfully ended it before it could become what the simpsons has. I really liked this show, but never really watched the new episodes, always just in syndication. Really they should just say "final season" or "series finale", dumb yahoo.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Re: King of the Hill "Canceled"

Post by Eviltaco64X »

King of the Hill went down the shitter with that 'Lucky' character.
I still think the old ones are great though.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

Lucky character? perhaps I haven't seen that far into the series yet. I have watched a few new ones when they aired, but very few.
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

Yeah, his name is Lucky. He's a redneck that married Luanne and is voiced by Tom Petty.
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin
Been thanked: 0

Post by Code-Red »

I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did, considering it was never funny.
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

the ratings for that show was tanking pretty bad, and they had to make room for "the Cleveland show" (family guy spin off), that debuts in 2009.

Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

Seth MacFarlene has too many shows on that line-up.
I don't see how people think he's so funny. He just uses like 15 clips throughout an entire Family Guy episode to help aid the weak liberally-biased plot. Throw in some fart, gay, and other low-brow jokes and you've got yourself an episode of Family Guy!

Though I must admit, some of the clips are pretty funny, it doesnt mean he should have 3/4 of the Fox lineup.
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

i wish fox would pick futurama back up. the new straight to dvd movies will be broken up into 30 min eps for comedy centrel but fox retains the right to air on fox. they should pay for new episodes, because futurama is awesome.

then they would just need one more animated show. the pj's was pretty good for a while, a claymation show should be added to the linup to make it a solid 3 hour sunday night animation night
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

Yeah, I want more Futurama too. The movies are alright, but I prefer just half-hour episodes.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

Eviltaco64X wrote:Seth MacFarlene has too many shows on that line-up.
I don't see how people think he's so funny. He just uses like 15 clips throughout an entire Family Guy episode to help aid the weak liberally-biased.
Here's where I stopped reading. People who use "liberal/conservative" and "bias" don't ever have any legitimate criticisms, they just go around condemning anything that doesn't reinforce their world-view. If Seth MacFarlane was more in line with your own political ideology, you'd find Family Guy hilarious even if they kept 90% of the jokes that don't conform to any particular ideology.

For proof, look at the Half Hour News Hour. A self-styled "conservative Daily Show", it was critically panned, but ratings were initially high because it reinforced a world-view. However, the show eventually tanked and was canceled because it was actually up against good shows in its 10pm Sunday slot.

Even now on Metacritic, there are people who give it 10, mostly for lambasting "liberals".

Edit: To be fair, I really feel you have to be have a love of 80's movies and Pop Culture to really get Family Guy. e.g. Road To Germany's Flash Gordon nod with Brian Blessed actually providing the voice, it was so absurbly out-there that I couldn't stop laughing. But you have to love the 1980 Flash Gordon movie to really get that bit.
No signature.
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

toastman wrote:
I don't see how people think he's so funny. He just uses like 15 clips throughout an entire Family Guy episode to help aid the weak liberally-biased.
Here's where I stopped reading. People who use "liberal/conservative" and "bias" don't ever have any legitimate criticisms, they just go around condemning anything that doesn't reinforce their world-view. If Seth MacFarlane was more in line with your own political ideology, you'd find Family Guy hilarious even if they kept 90% of the jokes that don't conform to any particular ideology.

For proof, look at the Half Hour News Hour. A self-styled "conservative Daily Show", it was critically panned, but ratings were initially high because it reinforced a world-view. However, the show eventually tanked and was canceled because it was actually up against good shows in its 10pm Sunday slot.

Even now on Metacritic, there are people who give it 10, mostly for lambasting "liberals".

Edit: To be fair, I really feel you have to be have a love of 80's movies and Pop Culture to really get Family Guy. e.g. Road To Germany's Flash Gordon nod with Brian Blessed actually providing the voice, it was so absurbly out-there that I couldn't stop laughing. But you have to love the 1980 Flash Gordon movie to really get that bit.
I'm against bias from any side. If there's some plot that involves someone going to Obama's house and making many observations from a conservative point of view that are explicitly for trashing the man, I'm not really going to care for that either, it's just unnecessary. The right-wing jokes in Family Guy just help prove that they're running out of ideas and need more wood to throw on the fire, just like when the Simpsons started running out of ideas and started having guest stars play a prominent role in nearly every episode. Also remember that the majority of these jokes they make are so played out as it is that it makes these filled holes even worse. Still, I find a lot of the clips from Family Guy to be funny, and the first four/five seasons are funny as well. Thinking about it, I did exaggerate a little when I criticized Family Guy, but you've got to admit it's getting worse, and why he's soon going to control 75% of that lineup is beyond me.

Pointing out that something has a bias is very different from condemning it for having a few jokes, and I'm not arguing about this anymore.
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Road to Germany was freakin' great. The scene where they find a Nazi flyer with anti-semitic stereotype drawings on how Nazis imagine Jews - and then it's just a picture of their Jewish character Mort Goldman; essentially saying that they did not manage to be less anti-semitic than the Nazis. - That's just incredible.

At one point in time, The Simpsons were radically challenging your views on a lot of things, like atheism, vegetarianism, trade-unions, how the school system treats children, how Homer pushes his family to appear "normal", just to kiss the ass of his boss... Nowadays they seem and are tending towards a more moderate way of... - oh, screw it: the only reason they're still something is because they got the cast and the characters.

- I can't believe they turned Lisa into a Buddhist >_<

MacFarlene is well aware of the Simpson's roots, but he also knows about the Simpson's weak points. Both Family Guy and American Dad deal with all kinds of controversial stuff like sexuality in all colors of the rainbow (most prominently the sexuality of women, but also gay marriage and gay adoption, abortion, and even incest, pedophilia, sodomy, etc.), or political hypocracy (American Dad's "Stan of Arabia" is a brilliant piece on Islamic fascism and exposes its equivalents in American conservatism), etc. pp.

I remember that Matt Groening went berserk on one of the Simpsons' audio commentaries about how Family Guy would be nothing but a blatant rip-off of Simpsons, which of course it is to a degree, but I think he missed the point entirely.
Insane homebrew collector.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

Eviltaco64X wrote:
toastman wrote:

I'm against bias from any side. If there's some plot that involves someone going to Obama's house and making many observations from a conservative point of view that are explicitly for trashing the man, I'm not really going to care for that either, it's just unnecessary. The right-wing jokes in Family Guy just help prove that they're running out of ideas and need more wood to throw on the fire, just like when the Simpsons started running out of ideas and started having guest stars play a prominent role in nearly every episode. Also remember that the majority of these jokes they make are so played out as it is that it makes these filled holes even worse. Still, I find a lot of the clips from Family Guy to be funny, and the first four/five seasons are funny as well. Thinking about it, I did exaggerate a little when I criticized Family Guy, but you've got to admit it's getting worse, and why he's soon going to control 75% of that lineup is beyond me.

Pointing out that something has a bias is very different from condemning it for having a few jokes, and I'm not arguing about this anymore.
Family Guy has always had political jokes. Bill Clinton was fodder for a lot of the early stuff. Then it transitioned into George Bush. oh noews liberal bias!@#! get over yourself.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

Family Guy has gotten really lazy in the last couple of seasons, I didn't really agree when people were criticising the show after it got canceled and came back- but now I'm getting irritated by it, it does seem to be doing the Simpsons thing and morphing into an unfunny parody of itself. I'm still watching but losing patience- that Nazi episode was just awful imo. I don't have high hopes for the Cleveland show, I got bored of American Dad and the Burger King cartoons were average.

South Part continues to be great although I'm not a fan of the stories that spread over more than one episode. The Simpsons hasn't been funny this decade, Futurama is alright in small bursts. Used to like King of the Hill but haven't seen it in years.
I.M. Weasel
Iron Muskateer Weasel

Post by I.M. Weasel »

King of the Hill was running? i don't really call that being canceled when you make about 1 episode every 3 months.
:arrow: http://tofuheavyindustries.com
Mac Dream Tool / Mac Dream Tool Services (released Sept. 2019)
Creator of Various awesome Video Games

"You don't have to be forgiven. Clint Eastwood taught us that."
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

Could King of the Hill Reign at ABC?
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/tvguide/3 ... vgif4.html
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Nico0020 wrote:they thankfully ended it before it could become what the simpsons has.
What has the simpsons turned into?
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Christuserloeser wrote:At one point in time, The Simpsons were radically challenging your views on a lot of things.
- nowadays they have celebrities.
Insane homebrew collector.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

I never liked the show..but was a big fan of beavis and butthead.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

burger king shows?