How to get Linksys WUSB54G V4 working in Ubuntu?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

How to get Linksys WUSB54G V4 working in Ubuntu?

Post by Calavera »

I can see my wireless network but when I try to connect it just keeps trying and then fails. I'm fairly new to Linux so sorry if this is a dumb question.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight
Been thanked: 0

Re: How to get Linksys WUSB54G V4 working in Ubuntu?

Post by Sir Savant »

If it is not working with the default packages, try NDISWrapper (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiD ... diswrapper). Hope that helps.

Oh and before you buy hardware for Linux, try and make sure it is supported out of the box before you do. It really does save tons of effort. I hate having to NDISWrapper something, especially if the card is my only internet access and ndiswrapper isn't installed by default
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

are you using Hardy? I switched back to Gutsy as that had much better wireless support IMO. It worked right out of the box, but with the Hardy release, it was broken for a lot of people.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
Been thanked: 0

Post by Roofus »

Nico0020 wrote:are you using Hardy? I switched back to Gutsy as that had much better wireless support IMO. It worked right out of the box, but with the Hardy release, it was broken for a lot of people.

Might try Hardy again. They released 8.04.1 about 2 weeks ago.