Video Capturing help

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Video Capturing help

Post by APE »

I'm going to be doing some video capture for a friend of some VHS tapes that are about 16-17 years old so they look and sound pretty washed out. I know I can't work miracles but I'd at least like to take them and transfer them to DVDs in as close to a 1:1 if possible with maybe some sound tweaking as I know it can sound better.

I have a 6600gt with S-Video and Composite in which IMO should be enough, what I really need is a good app to capture this. Windows XP with an Athlon XP 2500+ will be doing the work unless I get ballsy and buy a hauppage for this machine.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Re: Video Capturing help

Post by Lunchbox »

are hauppage cards any good? my PC game with one a year ago but i haven't captured any video with it yet, but I was considering doing some the other day
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Re: Video Capturing help

Post by APE »

Lunchbox wrote:are hauppage cards any good? my PC game with one a year ago but i haven't captured any video with it yet, but I was considering doing some the other day
A friend swears by them and they are rather pricy. I'd say they're on par with the ATI All-in-Wonder types myself.
A few fries short of a happy meal.