Marvel vs. Capcom 2

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Post by DaMadFiddler »

I have complete copies of Marvel vs. Capcom for both Xbox and Dreamcast, but I am looking to consolidate my hardware and get rid of both of these systems. I would LIKE to get it for PS2, but this is a title that's notoriously hard to find on *any* system.

Would anyone be willing to trade a PS2 copy for an Xbox copy or a Dreamcast copy? Your choice.
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Re: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Post by arrowhead »

How bad do you really want it dude? There are a couple of gamestops around me that have them in stock. But, they want 79.99 for it. If you want me to, I will buy it for you and ship it to you, but that seems way high.

Just another option.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

The PS2 version is rather shitty if memory serves. Blurred textures and low rate samples.

Either that or it's the XBox version and since you have that one you can confirm/deny.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eckostyle »

Keep your DC copy. It is the best and only good port. The PS2 and XBOX ports were pretty shoddy, and like most of Capcoms ports, they screwed up the gameplay.

But, if you just play the game casually, go with whatever you want.
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

I may have a copy that I'd be willing to send you for free. I'll have to track it down and test it, though.
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

From what I understand, the PS2 version isn't any more rare than the Xbox version; both are pretty rare and people will spend insane amounts of money them, even though one could buy a used DC and the game for less.

I've always heard that the DC port is the best, but I can't confirm or deny that.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Marvel vs Capcom 2 was a pretty good game, in fact its one of the few 1 on 1 fighting games I have enjoyed since the SF2/Mortal Kombat days.

I only played it on the Dreamcast though so I really don't know what to tell you. I damn sure wouldn't even think about paying $70 for any version of it.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Exactly. The game sells for more than its original retail price now, and is rather difficult to find (especially in good condition). Like I said, I'm trying to consolidate systems...but I've already bought two copies of the damn game, so I figured someone who would rather have it on another system (perhaps a Dreamcast collector, or someone who's migrating to 360) would be willing to exchange a PS2 copy for one of the others.

I've played all three versions, and as far as I can tell, there isn't any real difference. The game got beat up by critics in its Xbox/PS2 release (which came significantly after the Dreamcast release), because the sprites are still low-res and they didn't add anything like Internet play...but it's not like they're any worse than the Dreamcast version. They just came later, so critics expected more.
Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Yonke »

Egotistical EvilN wrote:I may have a copy that I'd be willing to send you for free. I'll have to track it down and test it, though.
sup dude

just in case Mr. Fiddler is not interested in your offer it will be a pleasure to trade or buy the game from you (hoping the price not to high).......

please let me know.....
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I've played all three versions, and as far as I can tell, there isn't any real difference. The game got beat up by critics in its Xbox/PS2 release (which came significantly after the Dreamcast release), because the sprites are still low-res and they didn't add anything like Internet play...but it's not like they're any worse than the Dreamcast version.
Exactly the same thing happened with Resident Evil Code: Veronica. The DC version got great scores while the PS2 and GC versions got panned. The ports weren't crappy, they just didn't improve the graphics or gameplay, which really dissapointed reviewers after games like REmake had come out. It's unfair though, because it makes it look like you're screwing yourself over by not buying the DC version, which is a lie.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Yonke wrote:
Egotistical EvilN wrote:I may have a copy that I'd be willing to send you for free. I'll have to track it down and test it, though.
sup dude

just in case Mr. Fiddler is not interested in your offer it will be a pleasure to trade or buy the game from you (hoping the price not to high).......

please let me know.....
Oh, I'd be quite happy to take it, if you're willing to send it ;). You sure you don't want anything in exchange, though? I have quite a list of things I'm clearing out, and I'd be more than happy to trade you another title for it.
BoneyCork wrote:
I've played all three versions, and as far as I can tell, there isn't any real difference. The game got beat up by critics in its Xbox/PS2 release (which came significantly after the Dreamcast release), because the sprites are still low-res and they didn't add anything like Internet play...but it's not like they're any worse than the Dreamcast version.
Exactly the same thing happened with Resident Evil Code: Veronica. The DC version got great scores while the PS2 and GC versions got panned. The ports weren't crappy, they just didn't improve the graphics or gameplay, which really dissapointed reviewers after games like REmake had come out. It's unfair though, because it makes it look like you're screwing yourself over by not buying the DC version, which is a lie.
Indeed...reviews can be confusing that way. It gets really difficult trying to tell the difference between an inferior port (Grandia 2 for PS2), an identical port that got dinged for its age (MvC2 for Xbox/PS2), and a slightly *superior* port that STILL got a lower score because of its age/evolution of games in the meantime (Skies of Arcadia for 'Cube, Resident Evil 4 for Wii). It's becoming even more of an issue now, with all three console makers starting to invest more heavily in the retrogaming market.
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

arrowhead wrote:How bad do you really want it dude? There are a couple of gamestops around me that have them in stock. But, they want 79.99 for it. If you want me to, I will buy it for you and ship it to you, but that seems way high.

Just another option.
Buy them and ebay them
http://cgi.ebay.com/Marvel-vs-Capcom-2- ... dZViewItem
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

For the time being, I've got a trade worked out with EvilN...but he's not sure whether or not the disc still works. I'll find out as soon as it gets here; if it does, someone can lock this thread.