shivering isles oblivion expansion

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

shivering isles oblivion expansion

Post by Veggita2099 »

Heard there was a lot of problems with this such as ruining save games etc? Anybody know of those problems were ever fixed? I have thought about getting this for a long time, but the price tag has been putting me off. Ashame the PC version is $10 cheaper and its actually a disc that can be resold!

I have a hard time spending $30 for this expansion knowing that once I buy it I can't ever sell it to make any money back.

Aside from the problems is it really worth it? Does it offer quite a few hours of good gameplay?
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Re: shivering isles oblivion expansion

Post by abydos1000 »

I don't know if the problems have been fixed. If they haven't, I'm not going to bother.

Even if they have, I'd hold off on the online purchase. The game of the year edition is due out in a few days. It will retail for $60, but will include all of the downloadable content. Now if you have bought some of the content already, it probably isn't worth picking this up. I am hoping (but the MS greed factor....) that the downloadable content will drop in points once the new edition is out.

The regular edition (no content) is now $30.00.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

The only one I bought was the $10 expansion (Knights of the something or another). I got 2 of those downloaded things for free from a magazine (Mage tower and Thieves cave).

If they would lower it to $20 I wouldn't hesitate to buy it. Sounds like I am better off holding out abit longer though.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

I wish I could sell my expansion. I really didn't like it at all. It was too far of a departure from what I loved about Oblivion and I simply couldn't immerse myself in the world the expansion presented. I really wish I could get my $30 back.