X-Games Aug. 2-5

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
that_guy
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

X-Games Aug. 2-5

Post by that_guy »

Anyone watch the X Games here? After Pastrana's double back last year and with Scott Murray able to pull it out as well, this should be an interesting Moto X Best Trick this year. The body varial a few years back was amazing as well. Sad that they basically eliminated the rollerblade series, but with those two asian boys it was basically no contest. As far as skateboard and bmx, last years Summer X was a bit lacking due to some big names not showing up either to the X Games or the hype that was surrounding them and their skills.

So all in all, I will be working through most of this but thankfully EXPN.com will be broadcasting a few events online, so I can't wait!!!
politoe
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Re: X-Games Aug. 2-5

Post by politoe »

I'll probably be attending on Sunday.
Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Yonke »

i remember back in the day when the xgames location was San Diego, i attended one day....... in that time i use to skate so imagine the hype i was feeling that day.....

L.A. is not to far but i hope someday they come back to San Diego....
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

Just saw that vid of Jake Brown...

HOLY SHIT
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KBvCrSjpx9I

This one? That's fucking awesome that he managed to walk away
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Yonke »

fudge dude how the f he survive that :o
that_guy
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by that_guy »

Yeah I was in live chat with Danny Way, the founder of the Mega Ramp when it happened. I had it streaming live on my computer while I was at work and as soon as he launched up the ramp you could tell it was going to be very bad. I mean fuck, it knocked his shoes off!!! I am glad he walked away from it though,because obviously it could have been worse. I think Danny way's exact words were something like, "OH FUCK THAT WAS 45 FOOT AND HE IS STILL NOT MOVING." I have seen some bad ones though, skateboard to rollerblade, bmx and moto x. But this one, wow.
Last edited by that_guy on Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

that_guy wrote:Yeah I was in live chat with Danny Way, the founder of the Mega Ramp when it happened. I had it streaming live on my computer while I was at work and as soon as he launched up the ramp you could tell it was going to be very bad. I mean fuck, it knocked his shoes off!!! I am glad he walked away from it though,because obviously it could have been worse. I think Danny way's exact words were something like, "OH FUCK THAT WAS 45 FOOT AND HE IS STILL NOT MOVING." I have seen some bad ones though, skateboard to rollerblade, bmw and moto x. But this one, wow.
I know BMX but what's bmw? :lol:

Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

Skynet wrote:I know BMX but what's bmw? :lol:
A German Automobile Manufacturer. :roll:
that_guy
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by that_guy »

Skynet wrote:
that_guy wrote:Yeah I was in live chat with Danny Way, the founder of the Mega Ramp when it happened. I had it streaming live on my computer while I was at work and as soon as he launched up the ramp you could tell it was going to be very bad. I mean fuck, it knocked his shoes off!!! I am glad he walked away from it though,because obviously it could have been worse. I think Danny way's exact words were something like, "OH FUCK THAT WAS 45 FOOT AND HE IS STILL NOT MOVING." I have seen some bad ones though, skateboard to rollerblade, bmw and moto x. But this one, wow.
I know BMX but what's bmw? :lol:
I have no earthly idea what you are talking about. :lol:
Pyrite
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Pyrite »

Covar wrote:

Which the gypsies are very fond of.

BTW the shoes didn't come off from the direct impact on their own, he tried to remove most of the pads and shoes so he could slide more easily (or so I've heard).
THAN/THEN get it right peoples!
that_guy
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by that_guy »

In watching the video I didn't see him try to remove his shoes or pads. And if it was before the start of his run, removing his shoes only requires minimal functions and wouldn't of took that long to sit down and untie them. Also removing your pads on the mega ramp is a stupid move even if you are trying to slide easier. You are still going to bust ass. I know X-Games rules would not allow pads and helmets to be removed due to safety issues as well as the amount of kids that watch it. NOT TO MENTION the participants in the X-Games aren't idiots and they wear pads regardless. So honestly coming from someone who has watched this sport for many years and who understands and knows people who do this kind of stuff(or at least attempt it), who ever told you that or where ever you read that, the person that said these things is an idiot.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Covar wrote:
I was gonna mention something along those lines but couldn't be assed.

Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Yonke wrote:fudge dude how the f he survive that :o
My stepfather watched that, who was a paratrooper in Vietnam. According to him, he did a nearly perfect landing to minimize the damage from a fall. Ya know, knees bent, land on feet then side then shoulder sort of thing.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.