Makaqu for DOS?

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
linlinlol
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Makaqu for DOS?

Post by linlinlol »

I know the QIP engine was compiled for DOS using DJGPP, but what about Makaqu?

Also adding Globots would rock (particularily the enhanced ones from QMB). I always use globots to test up obscure mods i'm too lazy to put frikbot in.
DOODOO
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Re: Makaqu for DOS?

Post by Tyne »

Why not just use the Windows version?
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

linlinlol wrote:I know the QIP engine was compiled for DOS using DJGPP, but what about Makaqu?
It would only be useful for very slow computers, but this doesn't matter since ToChriS is much faster than Makaqu.
linlinlol wrote:Also adding Globots would rock (particularily the enhanced ones from QMB).
I've never heard of it before, seems easy to implement and could be a good alternative (FrikBots runs too slow in the DC). Does its installation instructions also apply to the QMB ones?
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
linlinlol
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by linlinlol »

Manoel wrote:
linlinlol wrote:I know the QIP engine was compiled for DOS using DJGPP, but what about Makaqu?
It would only be useful for very slow computers, but this doesn't matter since ToChriS is much faster than Makaqu.
I still play Quake on my P150 laptop as that's got a very long battery lifetime for its age (2.5hrs), and it has horrible windows drivers for its video card. Winquake/ToChriS runs quite slow (and is outdated) though dosquake is fast.
Manoel wrote:
linlinlol wrote:Also adding Globots would rock (particularily the enhanced ones from QMB).
I've never heard of it before, seems easy to implement and could be a good alternative (FrikBots runs too slow in the DC). Does its installation instructions also apply to the QMB ones?
I never tried nicking the QMB globots but the installation should still be easy.
DOODOO