Finally got a wii....

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
F8
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Finally got a wii....

Post by F8 »

...so question is, in your opinion, what are the best games on Wii to date? I wanna buy one or two.
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Re: Finally got a wii....

Post by not just souLLy now »

wii sports and resident evil 4. lots of people like zelda although i wasn't blown away by it, heard wario is good too- but it's probably better in multiplayer.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Super Paper Mario was a pretty fun game.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

It sounds funny to some, but probably the game I've enjoyed most was Call of Duty 3. The Wiimote controls made it a lot funner to play than I usually find console FPS games. The Godfather was also quite fun. And I did enjoy Rayman Raving Rabbids, but I don't think it is worth full price.

I also gather Scarface is an excellent port.

I'm going to get Super Paper Mario eventually, so that might take CoD3's spot.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

My favorites...in this order:
ZeldaTP
Godfather
Resident Evil 4

Scarface was good, but the camera controls got a little tiresome after a while. Also, the melee combat wasn't as good as the Godfather. Still...it's a good game worth checking out. I just thought the Godfather was more fun.

I haven't played Super Paper Mario yet. :(
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

Sonic and the secret rings.
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

Zelda: TP.
Resident Evil 4.

Both of them are top games.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

Games I own so far:

Wii Sports
Kororinpa
Zelda
RE:4 (Just bought it)
Metal Slug Anthology

I'm pretty damn happy with all of them except Metal Slug. I was a tad disappointed especially with the loading during missions like you get with the NEO CD and PSONE versions :(
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

Egotistical EvilN wrote:Sonic and the secret rings.
I really hope you are joking....
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Sonic is good for a rental only, not to own. And that really sucks, too, because the gameplay has so much potential that it sickens me to see them destroy that potential with the worst story ever created for a video game, sketchy controls, and forced minigames that distract from the core game that is so, so good.

As for what two games to get, I have bought and sold quite a few Wii games, but the only two that still stay in my collection are Super Paper Mario and Twilight Princess.
RMD
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by RMD »

Wait, you said good games for the wii? Super paper mario. Ok i'm done with my list.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

Matisfaction wrote: Kororinpa
I rented that and loved playing it. Not exactly super monkey ball, but it holds its own.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

pixel wrote:
Matisfaction wrote: Kororinpa
I rented that and loved playing it. Not exactly super monkey ball, but it holds its own.
The game far surpasses the Wii version of Super Monkey Ball, in my opinion. With SMB, you just sort of tilt the controller in the general direction of where you want to go, and sharp turns become a bit of a pain--I would personally rather play the Gamecube versions.

Kororinpa, on the other hand, is probably the best example I've seen of how the Wii controller has allowed for a game that would not have been possible on any other system (although a horrendous mobile phone port is in the works). Every Wii owner should play this game. It's always the first game I show off after Wii Sports, because it's the only other one that seems as perfectly intuitive. Also nice is that you can play two player perfectly with one remote and one nunchuck.

Other games I've enjoyed are:

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007
Once you get your head around a few of the peculiar quirks of the game's control mechanism, it's actually a really fun game. Although, the only reason I bothered with it is because I had a house full of friends and only one Wii controller, so it might be a bit dull on your own. Opinion was split roughly 50/50 over whether it or Wii Sports golf was more fun, although we all agreed that it was better than PangYa/Super Swing Golf.

Rayman Raving Rabbids
A fun little party game, again only requiring one controller. I especially like the dancing games, though I've only completed about 15% of the game.

Mario Strikers Charged Football
Played it for about half an hour so far, but it seems enough like the Gamecube game already for me to realise its going to be great. I was a bit unsure whether the controls would work properly when I read the previews, but it controls just as well as with a traditional controller, not at all unwieldy.

Resident Evil 4
Not much to say about this one, other than that it is a spectacular game made even better by the use of the Wii remote, which absolutely does not feel like a slapped-on gimmick.

WarioWare Smooth Moves
Along the same lines as the other games in the series, but the constant switching between different ways of holding the remote makes it just that little bit more fun than the others.

Steer clear of the Bust-a-Move game. Despite the fact that being able to play the game with the remote on its side is really the only sensible way that this game could be played on the Wii, they don't even include it as an option.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Haker4
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Haker4 »

Wario is wicked good esay to beat but wicked fun. i'm going to be selling mine on ebay but if you would like to buy it all sell it to you. Also wii play is good it's pretty much free game with the controler, and red steel is ok.
MMM hacks
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

On a side note, the Wii looks like it is going to surpass the 360 by the end of the year in consoles sold. Halo 3 will spike sales, but I don't think it will be enough. Not shocking, but still impressive considering the extra year the 360 has been out. One thing that might tip it a bit is if the rumored price drop happens.

I just hope the Wii doesn't have a "novelty is over, dead system" sort of deal in a couple years. I'm enjoying mine, and I know I still will in a couple years from the Nintendo franchises if nothing else, but I don't know how the rest of the people will feel.

Oh yeah, and Korinpa sounds fun... But I gather there are only 40 stages and then mirrored versions. It sounds like a fun game, and I might pick it up eventually as I enjoy Marble Madness and have family members that liked it too (not many video games people in my family also like), but doesn't sound like much content, which is too bad.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Dreamcast4life
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Dreamcast4life »

I just think nintendo shot themselves in the foot. They are releasing stupid titles until the years end and while it's smart for holiday sales it's not for the fans right now. All the stuff I saw at their E3 didn't appeal to me at all. Damn them.I might as well just enjoy my classic consoles until the winter. I want rygar,SSMB,Super mario galaxy but I am starting to get bored of the gaming realm because its all the same regardless of control or playability but If I see a wii game I want, I'll get it but if not I got older\better consoles to play. I like the wii but nintendo and 3rd licensees are releasing GARBAGE for it!
Have you played dreamcast today?
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I'm pretty much done with my Wii. I'm sure these "fun games for everybody" are great for lots of people, and a wise business move for Nintendo, but they just aren't my sort of thing at all, and certainly not what I personally look for in a games console.

The three up-coming Mario games are all I'm really looking forward to, but it's just a case of "same game, another console" for me and I doubt I'll end up putting the hours into them that I hope I will.

Group that up with a lack of Nintendo nostalgia that a a lot of you Americans seem to have, and I'm just hanging onto an expensive dust magnet. Maybe I'll pick one up again in the future. :(
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Dreamcast4life - This happens with every console. After the launch games (and the games that just missed the launch period), there's typically not much available on any new console until at least a year later. It's happening with the Wii, it happened with the DS, it happened with the Xbox 360...
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

BoneyCork wrote:I'm pretty much done with my Wii. I'm sure these "fun games for everybody" are great for lots of people, and a wise business move for Nintendo, but they just aren't my sort of thing at all, and certainly not what I personally look for in a games console.

The three up-coming Mario games are all I'm really looking forward to, but it's just a case of "same game, another console" for me and I doubt I'll end up putting the hours into them that I hope I will.

Group that up with a lack of Nintendo nostalgia that a a lot of you Americans seem to have, and I'm just hanging onto an expensive dust magnet. Maybe I'll pick one up again in the future. :(
That is the saddest post I've ever read :|
I love my Wii. I play it almost every day, and I'm excited about its upcoming releases.

I'm almost done with RE4 on Wii, and I really wish Capcom would release another Wii game with similer controls.
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

BlackAura wrote:Dreamcast4life - This happens with every console. After the launch games (and the games that just missed the launch period), there's typically not much available on any new console until at least a year later. It's happening with the Wii, it happened with the DS, it happened with the Xbox 360...
...or Dreamcast. They released the system with Virtua Fighter and then nothing for months. Then came Sega Rally 2 and Sonic Adventure for Xmas. Two months later came Power Stone and then ''nothing'' for another three months. Then came House of the Dead 2, then another six months until Shenmue and Space Channel 5.
Insane homebrew collector.