Factories aren't to blame for global warming, cows are

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
that_guy
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Factories aren't to blame for global warming, cows are

Post by that_guy »

LONDON (Reuters) — Manners aside, getting cows to burp less could help reduce global warming.
Using modern plant-breeding methods to find new diets for cows that make them belch less is a way to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, scientists reported this week.

The key is developing new varieties of food that are easier for cattle to digest and also provide a proper balance of fibre, protein and sugar, said Michael Abberton, a scientist at the U.K.-based Institute of Grassland and Environmental Research.

link

........................I really don't know what to say. :lol:
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Re: Factories aren't to blame for global warming, cows are

Post by melancholy »

You never heard that? I remember being in elementary school and one of my teachers joked saying that we would all eventually die from cow farts. Though I guess that teacher was slightly wrong if that article is correct.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Its about damn time to see something like this in the news, its long been known but people kept putting all the blame onto industry & cars and ignoring nature
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Hawq wrote:Its about damn time to see something like this in the news, its long been known but people kept putting all the blame onto industry & cars and ignoring nature
Well, since they're domestic cows, it is still essentially industry. Especially considering today we clear forests (which cut down on some kinds of emission) and replace them with pasture for cows and/or crops.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
JellyWarrior
General Jelly
General Jelly

Post by JellyWarrior »

I remember something being said about cows farting contributing to pollution but now they can't even burp?

Poor buggers, is there any bodily function that they can do besides dying that will please us humans?
I am involved in : Mytalk | Comet TV | Distinctive Web Services
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

JellyWarrior wrote:I remember something being said about cows farting contributing to pollution but now they can't even burp?

Poor buggers, is there any bodily function that they can do besides dying that will please us humans?

BTW, you get some um... "Interesting" matches searching for "milking" on google image search.
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

I've heard this as an excuse before for why we shouldn't bother cutting our carbon emissions, as though the amount of cow farts in the air is a natural thing. Both Greenhouse gases and cow stinks are all here because of overpopulation and catering for it.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

not just souLLy now wrote:I've heard this as an excuse before for why we shouldn't bother cutting our carbon emissions, as though the amount of cow farts in the air is a natural thing. Both Greenhouse gases and cow stinks are all here because of overpopulation and catering for it.
Even if the amount of cow farts were natural, the argument still wouldn't make sense unless you were 5.

"Stop hitting me!"
"I won't stop unless you stop!"
"You hit me first! I won't stop until you do!"...ad infinitum
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Lartrak wrote:
Hawq wrote:Its about damn time to see something like this in the news, its long been known but people kept putting all the blame onto industry & cars and ignoring nature
Well, since they're domestic cows, it is still essentially industry. Especially considering today we clear forests (which cut down on some kinds of emission) and replace them with pasture for cows and/or crops.
Industry in that context obviously being machine driven not farming
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Roofus wrote:
not just souLLy now wrote:I've heard this as an excuse before for why we shouldn't bother cutting our carbon emissions, as though the amount of cow farts in the air is a natural thing. Both Greenhouse gases and cow stinks are all here because of overpopulation and catering for it.
Even if the amount of cow farts were natural, the argument still wouldn't make sense unless you were 5.

"Stop hitting me!"
Bush HAS used that exact argument as to why we can't cut emissions much - even if we do, China's will more than make for the slack. It's such an incredibly stupid argument (regardless of whether you believe emissions are a major cause in global warming or not) it boggles my mind.
Haker4
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Haker4 »

The ozon layers thiner from the outcome of my diner, i am cow!
MMM hacks
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

Lartrak wrote:
Roofus wrote:

"Stop hitting me!"
Bush HAS used that exact argument as to why we can't cut emissions much - even if we do, China's will more than make for the slack. It's such an incredibly stupid argument (regardless of whether you believe emissions are a major cause in global warming or not) it boggles my mind.
yeah stupid :roll: , lets cripple our manufacturing more, it doesn't matter if it works or not, as long as it makes no sense, you're all for it.
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

pavelbure wrote:
Lartrak wrote:
Roofus wrote:

"Stop hitting me!"
yeah stupid :roll: , lets cripple our manufacturing more, it doesn't matter if it works or not, as long as it makes no sense, you're all for it.
I love you.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

yeah stupid , lets cripple our manufacturing more, it doesn't matter if it works or not, as long as it makes no sense, you're all for it.
[/quote]

Except that's not at all what he said on the occasion I'm referring to (I'd have to look up the speech, but I was coming close to quoting him). If he'd merely said "this will damage manufacturing too much for the benefits" or something, I might disagree, but I wouldn't immediately call him on being stupid about it.

His argument boiled down to this: If two people are doing something which hurts everyone, both of them have to stop hurting everyone or it is pointless.

It's like if you were tied to a chair and two people were hitting you with sticks, and one guy points to the other and says, "Well, I want to stop, but I know HE won't, so I can't!".
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

Lartrak wrote:
It's like if you were tied to a chair and two people were hitting you with sticks, and one guy points to the other and says, "Well, I want to stop, but I know HE won't, so I can't!".
:lol: good analogy
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!