Gyaktuen Saiben 4/Phoenix Wright 3 sequel

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Gyaktuen Saiben 4/Phoenix Wright 3 sequel

Post by mrandyk »

Is Gyakuten Saiben 4 (sequel to Phoenix Wright 3) coming to America? The game is already out in Japan and I can see why it isnt out in America yet when we havent seen Phoenix Wright 3, but is it confirmed to eventually be coming across the ocean?

Or is there the possibility that this game would be too hard to localize to non japanese places? The game doesnt have Phoenix Wright as the attorney but instead some other guy to people who dont know (and why I said gyakuten saiben 4 instead of phoenix wright 4).
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Re: Gyaktuen Saiben 4/Phoenix Wright 3 sequel

Post by melancholy »

Considering Trials and Tribulations hasn't even made it here yet, I believe it is way too early to say. However, technically there isn't a GS4 out in Japan yet, at least not in DS form. There is no way that they would release PW4 in the US until there is a GS4 for DS in Japan. However, considering the popularity of the series, my guess is that they would probably just go ahead and port the forth one.
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

melancholy wrote: However, technically there isn't a GS4 out in Japan yet, at least not in DS form. There is no way that they would release PW4 in the US until there is a GS4 for DS in Japan. However, considering the popularity of the series, my guess is that they would probably just go ahead and port the forth one.
There is a GS4. The character changes from Naruhodo to Odoroki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyakuten_Saiban_4

My guess is it will come after PW3 hits the US, and they'll call it Ace Attorney 4.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Egotistical EvilN wrote:
melancholy wrote: However, technically there isn't a GS4 out in Japan yet, at least not in DS form. There is no way that they would release PW4 in the US until there is a GS4 for DS in Japan. However, considering the popularity of the series, my guess is that they would probably just go ahead and port the forth one.
There is a GS4. The character changes from Naruhodo to Odoroki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyakuten_Saiban_4

My guess is it will come after PW3 hits the US, and they'll call it Ace Attorney 4.
That's strange. Why then have I heard that they are releasing a Japanese DS version this summer that has both Japanese and English text. Are they releasing the same game twice over there or something?
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

Japan still hasnt gotten pw3 on the ds yet, and this summer they are releasing it in japan a month earlier than the us version complete with english and japanese text for those who want to import it one month early.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Ah, I see. I just read deeper into the Wikipedia article, and it would appear that I was mislead. I thought that all 4 GS games were originally GBA games. But it seems that only the first three were and the fourth was a DS exclusive. That makes much more sense.
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

Notice how they made a sneaky change to the series logo by putting more emphasis on the words 'Ace Attorney' from the 2nd game onwards, which would lead me to believe that they had taken the 4th game into account due to the change in protagonist.

There's no official word yet, but if they could pull of PW1,2, and 3.... I wouldn't be too worried about the difficulty of localising it. I could think up of worse games they could try to translate over to the west.
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

Hmm I noticed they made ace attorney huge in the second one but I never really put much though into it and just played the game.