Agetec Dreamcast Arcade Joystick

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
Razo
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Agetec Dreamcast Arcade Joystick

Post by Razo »

Whatsup guys, new to the board. I was just wondering if anyone knew a website in case I needed to replace parts on the dreamcast joystick , like buttons joystick and so forth. Thanxs
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Re: Agetec Dreamcast Arcade Joystick

Post by Sweater Fish »

The Sega/Agetec stick just uses off-the-shelf Happ parts, so you should be able to buy replacement parts from happcontrols.com or any seller of compatible parts. The actual joystick on the Agetec controller is a Japanese style stick and Happ only selles American style sticks, but there's other dealers that sell the Japanese style ones. I'm not sure how interchangeable the sticks would be. I see no reason why putting a different microswitch stick in there wouldn't work, but I don't know if you could just swap in an optical stick or something like that. The later SNK vs. Capcom arcade sticks which were otherwise identical to the original green one did have optical joysticks in them, so maybe it would work.

...word is bondage...
Razo
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Razo »

Thanxs for the info.
henzenmann
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by henzenmann »

In order to replace the stick with a standard japanese arcade stick (Seimitsu, Sanwa), you need to modify the case. A lot of shmuppers do this to get tighter controls. Here is a nice example. Go to the shmups forum and search for "agetec" for more info.