Platinum Xbox 360 for $300

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Platinum Xbox 360 for $300

Post by DaMadFiddler »

If anyone's interested in buying one of these, Geeks.com is clearing out their old stock:
Gizmodo.com wrote:With the Xbox 360 Elite making a lot of hubbub lately, Geeks.com decided to clear out their older, platinum Xbox 360s by offering them for $100 off. You get all of the regular goods including the 20GB hard drive, wireless controller, headset and component/Ethernet/power cables. Just enter the coupon GEEKBOX2 in the red secret savings code box at checkout for the savings. The deal is valid through May 31 or while supplies last. The Xbox 360 Elite is obsolete, just ask Jason. –Travis Hudson
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

Why does it say "The Xbox 360 Elite is obsolete, just ask Jason."
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

Calavera wrote:Why does it say "The Xbox 360 Elite is obsolete, just ask Jason."
To encourage you to buy these ones?
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Calavera wrote:Why does it say "The Xbox 360 Elite is obsolete, just ask Jason."
Because it's a blog post.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

Apparently, microsoft has produced these elites in very small initial numbers; because I can't find them to buy anywhere...hopefully they'll sell the bigger hdds as a upgrade for those not wanting to buy another 360; they'd better, anyway.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Smiley wrote:Apparently, microsoft has produced these elites in very small initial numbers; because I can't find them to buy anywhere...hopefully they'll sell the bigger hdds as a upgrade for those not wanting to buy another 360; they'd better, anyway.
They were selling the bigger hard drives a whole week before the Elite's even hit the market. However, the huge downside is that they cost $180. As for the Elite on shelves, yeah, shipments of Elites are smaller than shipments of Wii's. But of course they don't move as fast as Wii's either.
SlammedNiss
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by SlammedNiss »

Smiley wrote:Apparently, microsoft has produced these elites in very small initial numbers; because I can't find them to buy anywhere...hopefully they'll sell the bigger hdds as a upgrade for those not wanting to buy another 360; they'd better, anyway.
Really? The only thing I still don't see on the shelf around here is the damned Wii.
Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Yonke »

its a very good deal but whit experience whit the red ring of dead i have one concern..

these xbox 360 are refurbished so my question is :

the one year warranty whit MS same as good for refurbished xbox 360 ???
Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Re:

Post by Yonke »

Yonke wrote:its a very good deal but whit experience whit the red ring of dead i have one concern..

these xbox 360 are refurbished so my question is :

the one year warranty whit MS same as good for refurbished xbox 360 ???
i send a email to MS asking for the SAME question and they say :
I do apologize for the inconvenience. I understand that you have some questions on the warranty of a refurbished console that you found online.

It is advisable that you call the Xbox Customer Support number; this is due to the complexity of your issue or problem. We cannot resolve this problem over this method and requires further scrutiny.
:?
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Re: Platinum Xbox 360 for $300

Post by abydos1000 »

How many of these "referbished" consoles have been banned from xbox live.

Seriously, I hope places that sell refurbished/used consoles are going to check to see if they can hook up to Xbox live since the banning process is underway for consoles for modded firmware, etc.

I guess even setting up a live account out of your area/terrritory gets the console banned now.