Amuze Closed

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Amuze Closed

Post by cube_b3 »

Somebody tell me it's a fucking lie

Wikipedia
Amuze was a video game studio located in Solna, Sweden. The studio was founded in 1996 by John Kroknes and Stefan Holmqvist. Amuze released two games in the Headhunter series of video games published by SEGA. The latest, Headhunter: Redemption, was released in 2004 and marked the last of the studios games as they would later close down the Stockholm studio after a period of economic hardship. The official website is still active, but has not been updated since the Stockholm studio closed in spring 2005.
On its most productive year of 2003, Amuze employed 50-something staff in-house.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Headhunter was a great game. It had a wonderful pulp-scifi plot, good voice acting, good production values, and was genuinely fun to play through. It's really a pity the game didn't make it out while the Dreamcast was still in the spotlight.

Headhunter: Redemption, on the other hand, is utter garbage. It strips the franchise of everything that made the first game work, it convolutes the plot to the point of absurdity, and the gunplay controls just feel...broken. It was a *major* disappointment, because I'd always viewed the first Headhunter as a sort of undiscovered gem.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

DaMadFiddler wrote:Headhunter was a great game. It had a wonderful pulp-scifi plot, good voice acting, good production values, and was genuinely fun to play through. It's really a pity the game didn't make it out while the Dreamcast was still in the spotlight.

Headhunter: Redemption, on the other hand, is utter garbage. It strips the franchise of everything that made the first game work, it convolutes the plot to the point of absurdity, and the gunplay controls just feel...broken. It was a *major* disappointment, because I'd always viewed the first Headhunter as a sort of undiscovered gem.
This.
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

BoneyCork wrote:
DaMadFiddler wrote:Headhunter was a great game. It had a wonderful pulp-scifi plot, good voice acting, good production values, and was genuinely fun to play through. It's really a pity the game didn't make it out while the Dreamcast was still in the spotlight.

This.
Agreed.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

2 games in 10 years is the kind of work ethic that got Rare sold off.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Calavera wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:

This.
Agreed.
I also agree. I had high hopes for Headhunter 2 when it came out, sad really :( I loved Headhunter like you wouldn't believe. And the motorcycle riding was just awesome. Man I need to play this game again. :D
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

A) So none of you think that the wikipedia news which sites no references could be incorrect.

B) So what they made 1 great game and an average game, Why didn't they make another game WHY WHY WHY WHY :no: :bawling:
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

BILAL_XIA wrote:B) So what they made 1 great game and an average game, Why didn't they make another game WHY WHY WHY WHY :no: :bawling:
Exactly. Why didn't they make another game? They had over three years to do it. But I haven't even heard of a single project from them since Headhunter. That's why they closed down. Headhunter was great and all, but that's all they had.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Right after Head Hunter : Redemption was released they announced another game.
The last there website was updated was early 05 or late 04.

http://amuze.com/200X.html

They probably ran out of money before the game finished, right now I am having a hard time excepting Amuze is finished it took them over or nearly 4 years to make the orignal head hunter after which it took them two years to get Redemption.

It could be possible there next game could come out this fall.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Well their website hasn't been updated in years, and the contact number listed on IGN just goes through t some monotone Swedish woman. I couldn't understand a word of it, but Amuze certainly wasn't in there and it sounded so plain I'd take a good guess at it being that the number is no longer in service or something similar. So they are probably done.

Why do you even care so much Bilal? They made 2 games. One of them was good and one of them sucked. Even the good one didn't really match up to MGS and Splinter Cell in the cinematic stealth-em-up stakes.

It isn't like some amazing developer has suddenly dissapeared.
Last edited by Specially Cork on Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

BoneyCork wrote:It isn't like some amazing developer has suddenly dissapeared.
Like Clover. :(
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

melancholy wrote:
Yeah, Clover wasn't amazing either.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Well they meant much more to me I guess, check the website out just look at the art work they have at every page it reveals so much untapped potention and ideas that would never reach fruition now.

I tried mailing them didn't get a postmaster so it means that the mail still works and you guys know me, my english is so bad that people even complain about it over here why don't one of you guys try giving them a mail and maybe you would get a reply.

As of yet we do not have any official news whatsoever.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

melancholy wrote:
Seeds... now let's just not turn this into a clover discussion open another thread for that.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I tried mailing them didn't get a postmaster so it means that the mail still works and you guys know me, my english is so bad that people even complain about it over here why don't one of you guys try giving them a mail and maybe you would get a reply.
The domain still exists and the site is still being hosted, so there is every chance the mailbox would still be functional too. It will probably stay that way for however long they paid in advance for those services. Doesn't mean anybody is actually checking.
As of yet we do not have any official news whatsoever.
Exactly. Functioning companies usually generate news. The fact nothing has been heard from them since 2004 is a pretty clear sign that they are dead.

I think you're flogging a dead horse Bilal.
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

That really is too bad. I still have only played a little of the original and haven't even touched the sequel. As far as not making more games - it takes $$$$$$$ to make games. Sometimes stuiods have that money to make it or they wait for a publisher or another studio to outsource them the work. If they don't get any offers, there goes their chance of making more games. It is a shame....
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

I have greatly upgraded the article which was available on wikipedia.
Please take a look in give me some feedback.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amuze
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

BILAL_XIA wrote:I have greatly upgraded the article which was available on wikipedia.
Please take a look in give me some feedback.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amuze
- The game is Headhunter, not Head Hunter.

- Posting that entire letter isn't needed. You should write a pargraph on what the situation was and include a quote or two.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

I quite enjoyed Headhunter until I got to an area that was a big maze I never found my way out of and never played it again.

God I hate mazes.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Site Changes: It is no longer accessible.
http://www.amuze.com all you see is the Amuze logo, you can not enter into the site, however if you put in a link that you know it would be accssesible.

Does it mean they are in the process of upgrading it?