Ripping apart your dc.

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
Enki-14
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Ripping apart your dc.

Post by Enki-14 »

I am wondering how I can take my dc totally apart. I tried to mess around with it the other day, but I ran into a problem(for me). I was trying to get the power supply(board) to come undone only to find that it was being held down by some metal connectors from underneath, its just like that on the saturn. (I tried to rip that aprt also). Anyone know what I'm talking about? How do I get those things to come undone, so I can get down into the nitty gritty stuff? I wanna be careful as this is my only dc for the time being. I'll try to post a pic.. but me crap-ass jamcam doesn't work in XP! :evil: :evil: I even tried to the shittie jamcam drivers.. well, one more time or 10 won't hurt. grrrrrrr.
koz
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by koz »

the power supply board?

All thats really holding it in place is the power leads coming from below (after all screws are out of it)

Its a tight fit, so you'll have to use a little *umph*, just try to keep the pull near the metal things in question so you dont put a lot of stress on the power supply PCB......

You can disassemble the whole DC pretty straightforward after that

have fun!
pkScary
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by pkScary »

those metal rods carry power when the dreamcast is on, and in fact you can harness that power and have an internal led, like me. (Props to TheDumbAss for the tutorial)

but if you feel the need to take apart your DC, just tug on the PSU real hard and the rods will slip through the white plastic on the pcb itself.
Enki-14
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Enki-14 »

thanks for the help/advice guys.. I'll try to tug it very carefully. now If you'll excuse me I must go into the null/junk forum to bitch about those shittie drivers.. :twisted: