Quake and BBA support

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
law
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Quake and BBA support

Post by law »

Hmm, i was wondering, is their planned to add bba or just lan support in Quake for the dc ? i love the conversion, but it would totally rule if i could play it on my lan vs my pc... Any chance somebody doing this ? just as a mod maybe ? Also, too bad their is no mouse support, but as i read its not possible...

If i go further into it, with lan support their are millions of mods i would like to see on the dc, TF being the most important and MAYBE with bba a qw-client version... ok maybe im just dreaming...

Also, can anybody tell me if the linux dc will feature bba and sound support in the future ? I wish being able to use an IRC-client and maybe a webbrowser under it...

ok that was the wrong forum for it but hey, my main interest is Quake anyway :twisted:
TheDumbAss
QuakeDev Mod
QuakeDev Mod
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by TheDumbAss »

If you've read enough to see that mouse support is not possible I'm surprised you didnt see that multiplayer support is not in it in any way. (no BBA, Modem, or split-screen)

The source for QuakeDC is closed to the general public and Titanium studios is no longer working on it.

The only way BBA and/or mouse support could be added is by someone re porting Quake to Dreamcast from scratch. And nobody has said they are undertaking that task.

And I dont know anything at all about DCLinux.
My old Sig was broken. Enter the new Sig!