having your stuff stolen

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

having your stuff stolen

Post by arrowhead »

This is now the second time some fucking assholes broke my truck window to steal my shit. Has this ever happened to you? I feel raped almost.

Last year a cd folder was stolen from my truck. That was worth well into the thousands, every cd I had ever bought since I was 15 years old. Now today some motherfuckers stole my sirius sportster replay, another cd folder, destroyed all my wiring and pretty much pissed all over my day. I still dont know what else they stole. What makes it worse is I just bought a 100 dollar boombox for my radio which is now useless. So about 700 dollars worth of stuff is out the window. I guess I can sell the boombox on ebay, but I doubt I will get more than 25 bucks for it.

Christ I am pissed of. What kind of fucking scumbag loser motherfucker can sleep at night after stealing someone else's shit. I work my ass off for my stuff. I cant describe how pissed of I am.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

Dude just keep your original CDs at home and use a backup of it in your vehicle. I refuse to leave anything valuable in my truck.
ben15dc
a frickin badge
a frickin badge

Post by ben15dc »

Im sorry to hear that man.. I know its fucking pathetic how many leeches and scumbags there is in this world. Unlike them, we work hard to buy stuff.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

People are douches. Nuff said.

I have told this story several times now, but the only time any valuable of mine was stolen was when my newly purchased car was busted into and gutted down to basically the frame. :evil:
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Sucks, but don't leave valuable stuff in your car. Also what about insurance?
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by hearld500 »

Car alarm?
You could also hide the valuables, like taking the face off the cd player and putting the cds under the seat.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

hearld500 wrote:Car alarm?
You could also hide the valuables, like taking the face off the cd player and putting the cds under the seat.
Yeah. I grew up in the LA area, and it's practically a force of habit now to just stash anything of even the *slightest* value in the glovebox or under the seat.

But hey--at least it's better than losing the truck itself. We had one of those 1980s, generic, 30MPG, runs-forever Toyota pickups. One morning my dad walked out the door to go pick some stuff up from the store, and it was just gone. We lived in a pretty decent neighborhood, too.
JellyWarrior
General Jelly
General Jelly

Post by JellyWarrior »

Someone walked into work one day while I wasn't in the office, they stole my laptop bag, wallet and phone (luckily they left my laptop).

Despite the low value of most of what was stolen I was SO angry about it! I was taken surprise about how pissed off about it I actually was.
A new *equivalent* lappy bag cost $75, new phone $200, other things were more easily replaceable.

Where I live I could easily leave something like a laptop on my front seat (in plain visibility) while I go to the shops, but I make a habit of hiding things just in case.
I am involved in : Mytalk | Comet TV | Distinctive Web Services
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I know exactly how you feel. I am sure I told this story before, but I will tell it again for newcomers etc. Back in 1999 I had a 1990 Dodge Daytona. I had a nice CD player in this car along with premium speakers and a couple of subwoofers. I had just had a new paintjob put in this car and fixed it up real nice. It wasn't a real valuable car but it wasn't junk. In any case considering I was working part time for minimum wage it was a treasure to me.

Anyways this night my friend was stupid and after telling him not to he invited some friends from work over to drink with us. My parents was out of town and once again after telling him at least 4 times NOT to invite anybody he does anyway. WEll these 2 friends show up with supposedly 2 other friends. Figuring no worse would happen other then a small mess I trust my friend and his co workers and go to bed. At this points its about 1:30 in the morning and I didn't want to deal with these people.

Couple of hours later MY friends comes screaming up the steps telling me they stole my car, our keg, and other items. To this day this story doesn't add up but it doesn't really matter. Basically the 2 friends that he knew from work picked up 2 complete strangers so that they would buy them beer (they was under 21 apparently). Now why would they need somebody to buy them beer when we have a keg I don't know, however they did show up with there own beer. When they left the 2 complete strangers said they wanted to stay behind because they knew a girl down the street and was going to crash at her place. So these guys leave 2 complete strangers in the middle of the street in front of my house. They then steal my car and somehow get a nearly full keg out of my house into my car and drive off.

Now instead of just dumping the car and stealing my stuff they take it out in the middle of no where and burn it. I also later find out they stole about $40 cash from my friends wallet, my dads portalable tv, and they also managed to steal about a $100 knife collection.

Of course I tell the cops and they tell me they don't have the manpower to hunt these guys down. This is the same cops who sit in town and bust people left and right all day long for going 3 mph over the speed limit. Through doing my own detective work I find out these guys real name, there Social Security number, and even there home address! I turn this over to the cops and they still do nothing! I tell the cops maybe I should just go over there and settle this myself and they inform me I will go to jail if I go over there. I don't have to tell you how pissed I was over this. There was about $250 worth of stuff stolen from my home, a $50 keg, and my car worth about $2000 and probably $500 worth of stuff in the car. To top it all off I am told I can't legally do a damn thing about it. This is why I hate cops needless to say. Unless you kill, do drugs, or speed they don't have manpower to mess with you.

Interesting note is the 2 guys my friend worked with (who of course claim to be innocent) moved away about a week after this all happened. AFter they found out I knew the names and SSN number they was gone. I figured they was involved, probably picked them up after they burnt my car. The friend who was stupid and invited these people over actually paid for half of my damages. As bad as it looks on him I don't think he ever expected that to happen, he just was stupid.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

I've had some video games stolen before, Super Smash Bros, Diddy Kong Racing, DKC and DKC2. About it so far. I don't know why I trusted the guy as he did steal from a friend before.

I did have my Pokemon Red cart stolen when it was still the game to have. Stolen by a friends little brother who is now basically a basket case. He scratched the label off and spent an hour trying to find Mew which I had gamesharked onto it. So of course I did get it back, minus the cart label.

As for my car I've got the stock cassette deck and use a cassette adapter, so no one will break into my car so long as theres something better next to me. I refuse to spend good money on a cd player so someone can try to steal it.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

Funny this topic come up, my next door neighbor's car was broken into yesterday morning too.

Anyways, I haven't had anything of importance stolen from me over the years so I can't complain. All I've lost is WWF Attitude and Cool Boarders 2, as well as a PS1 memory card.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

I had someone steal my entire basketball card collection when I was in primary school. The amount of money I put into it pissed me off, especially since I was so young at the time. The whole collection might have been worth $100, maybe $200, I have no idea. But because of the value it meant to me being that pocket money wasn't a lot, it really annoyed the hell out of me. Other than that I haven't really had anything major stolen, I feel I'm somewhat lucky I suppose.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

My car was broken into after I'd lived here (Overland Park, KS) only a couple weeks. It feels awful, doesn't it? I understand exactly what you mean about being violated.

Luckily I made out really well. The insurance payout was more than the car was worth, and I traded it in toward my xA - something I was planning to do anyway.

The thief/thieves actually left my CD's. Probably flipped through them, saw a bunch of indie bands, and said "Screw this"
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!

Post by CupNoodle »

Somebody stole my Final Fantasy III SNES cartridge when I was in 6th grade. To this day I've yet to find the culprit.
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen

Post by AgentGreen »

One of my roommates stole a few of my CDs and a couple comic books when he got kicked out of college. Nothing irreplacable or of any value. He took the shittiest CDs I owned (with the exception of a Jethro Tull CD and a couple Bad Religion ones) and a couple comics that I just bought a couple days beforehand and just bagged and boarded them. Must've thought they were worth something, not realizing it's standard practice for most comic nerds.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

I feel compelled to post in this topic, but I fear that doing so might just jinx me. :lol:
Sir Slash

Post by Sir Slash »

i had the same thing happen my stereo and $400 radar
WELCO
ME
TOT
HE
NEX
T
LEVEL

SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

Well if he activates the sirius radio then he is caught.
politoe
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by politoe »

About two years ago I was walking towards my car at 5 in the morning. Only to see the door was open and my cd player was stolen. I was too sleepy to flip out about what happened.