Virtual Console Releases for 3/19

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Virtual Console Releases for 3/19

Post by S. Thompson »

I'm at work and I can't find a list anywhere on the internet. What VC games came out today?? :o The suspense is killing me.

- Fuzmeister
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

A few fries short of a happy meal.
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister

Post by S. Thompson »

APE wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Vi ... America%29

It'll be there eventually.
Yeah - I figured so. I just wish Nintendo had an official source online to get a list of VC games.

- Fuzmeister
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

"better.net"?
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

Anyone had any troubles with some VC games?

So far I've got Bomberman '93, Soldier Blade & Gradius. The former are fine but gradius has really sluggish controls and loads of flicker, If I exit VC and try to play a Wii game then the Wii games suffers from the same thing. I had to delete Gradisu and then Restart my Wii to get things back to normal.

I know that there are updates for Mario Kart 64 & Military Madness, maybe Gradius is the next to get the update treatment?
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Matisfaction wrote:I know that there are updates for Mario Kart 64 & Military Madness, maybe Gradius is the next to get the update treatment?
Updates? Wha?

I haven't heard anything remotely along those lines. I thought that the VC downloads were more or less just encrypted ROMs with some embedded tag info, that then ran off of emulators built into the Wii's firmware. I'm not really sure what there would be to update.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

...According to Wikimathinger, it's an uneventful week of Excitebike, Beyond Oasis, and Splatterhouse.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Hasney wrote:
DaMadFiddler wrote:...According to Wikimathinger, it's an uneventful week of Excitebike, Beyond Oasis, and Splatterhouse.
Already posted! But still, Splatterhouse is great. Not as good as NES TMNT though. I think we do get a much better deal on the VC than you guys!
Wait--I owned TMNT 1 for NES. What was so great about it? 2 (the "Arcade Game") was a much more fun game :-P I remember being wowed by that flame effect when I used to play it with my cousin growing up.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Hasney wrote:
DaMadFiddler wrote:...According to Wikimathinger, it's an uneventful week of Excitebike, Beyond Oasis, and Splatterhouse.
Already posted! But still, Splatterhouse is great. Not as good as NES TMNT though. I think we do get a much better deal on the VC than you guys!
We still don't have LTTP though. Also most of our releases are the shitty slowed down bordered PAL-unoptimised versions they were when they were originally released (outside of the PC Engine and N64 stuff anyway)
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

The arcade version of TMNT is a lot better then the first one on NES. That was was freakin hard although I used to could beat it. I wouldn't even want to try now though.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

DaMadFiddler wrote:Updates? Wha?
You've not seen these?

DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Hm...apparently the system does not work quite as I had thought, then.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

Hasney wrote:
DaMadFiddler wrote:Hm...apparently the system does not work quite as I had thought, then.
Yeah, I think they must each have their own specific emulator, but what do I know?
Keep in mind that Nintendo also have all of the original game code. They could have just tweaked that.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

butters wrote:
Hasney wrote:
DaMadFiddler wrote:Hm...apparently the system does not work quite as I had thought, then.
Yeah, I think they must each have their own specific emulator, but what do I know?
Keep in mind that Nintendo also have all of the original game code. They could have just tweaked that.
It seems like it would be a LOT more work to port each game than just to build a general-purpose emulator for each Virtual Console system and run ROM data through it.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

The emulator is either specific to some degree with each game and is included, or is just included anyways. The games take up WAY too much space on the internal flash to be just the ROMs.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Well, it clearly has to include some metadata...game info, some sort of identifier so the system knows how to run it, Channel icon, etc...but I am beginning to suspect that each VC game is actually a standalone executable in and of itself, a copy of the emulator with the particular ROM data in question hard-coded in.
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

im getting tired of these lackluster weeks after so many great weeks in a row. next week nintendo better put out at least 1 great game like punchout, smb3, or kirby super star or some other great game that has completely slipped my mind that i would love to get.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

DaMadFiddler wrote:
butters wrote:
Hasney wrote:
It seems like it would be a LOT more work to port each game than just to build a general-purpose emulator for each Virtual Console system and run ROM data through it.
How hard would it be for Nintendo to recompile the code as a ROM? Not very.
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

mrandyk wrote:im getting tired of these lackluster weeks after so many great weeks in a row. next week nintendo better put out at least 1 great game like punchout, smb3, or kirby super star or some other great game that has completely slipped my mind that i would love to get.
Yeh I want some more classics I played to death 10+ years ago. Perhaps they should get to work localizing Sieken Densetsu 3.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister

Post by S. Thompson »

APE wrote:
mrandyk wrote:im getting tired of these lackluster weeks after so many great weeks in a row. next week nintendo better put out at least 1 great game like punchout, smb3, or kirby super star or some other great game that has completely slipped my mind that i would love to get.
Yeh I want some more classics I played to death 10+ years ago. Perhaps they should get to work localizing Sieken Densetsu 3.
I only wish it would happen - doubt it will though - Square doesn't seem to have much interest in the VC as far as I can tell.

- Fuzmeister