Phoenix Wright 3 contest

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Phoenix Wright 3 contest

Post by Caboose »

We've read your arguments on the forums but years of videogames have crippled our attention spans. As a result, we prefer to get our news in comic book form, and here's your chance! Presenting the "Ace Attorney: Plead Your Case contest".

Contest begins at 12:01 AM Eastern Standard Time ("EST"), Wednesday, February 14, 2007 and ends 11:59 PM Pacific Standard Time (PST), Monday, February 28, 2007.

DESCRIPTION OF CONTEST: Using the comic and the talk bubbles templates provided, add your own text to plead your case for Capcom to bring Ace Attorney 3 to America! Creativity, humor, or even seriousness is welcome! We’ll review the cases and make our choice.
Source

I really hope they translate #3 :D
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

They can't translate 3. 3 was on GBA, and a DS version hasn't been made yet. They could translate 4, though.
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

Uhh they didn't translate 1 or 2 at all. The story elements were taken (names, dates, places, rough events) and rewritten so that our puny (See jp onry NA weak) American minds could handle a story without Japanese puns, references to Japanese culture or any known court system known to man. Most Americas would rather play a shittily localized game (as shown by the sucess of Phoenix Wright) than enjoy it in it's natural form (See the fansubs of Yakitate Japan).

Now whether or not the Japanese did our translation I don't know. Hasney said the Japanese copy of PW2 had an English translation built in means they probably did it for us rather than we doing it ourselves. In which case see Super Mario USA and Final Fantasy USA.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Egotistical EvilN wrote:They can't translate 3. 3 was on GBA, and a DS version hasn't been made yet. They could translate 4, though.
Um, so was 1 and 2. But yet they made it to the DS.
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

melancholy wrote:
Egotistical EvilN wrote:They can't translate 3. 3 was on GBA, and a DS version hasn't been made yet. They could translate 4, though.
I think what he meant was that Capcom-Japan hasn't released a DS version of 3, hence you won't be able to translate it until there's a Japanese DS release.
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

It will probably be like PW2 last year. Port and translate. They do change the story quite a bit sometimes though. I wish I knew Japanese so I could play the originals too :(
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

Joestar wrote: I think what he meant was that Capcom-Japan hasn't released a DS version of 3, hence you won't be able to translate it until there's a Japanese DS release.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Joestar wrote:
melancholy wrote:
I think what he meant was that Capcom-Japan hasn't released a DS version of 3, hence you won't be able to translate it until there's a Japanese DS release.
True, which I assume would mean that they must already plan on releasing a Japanese version. Besides, I doubt that many people know that these use to be GBA games, so maybe that's why they just said "Bring to America", to avoid confusion or something.