Who you gonna call?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Who you gonna call?

Post by DaMadFiddler »

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/02/03/dan-a ... ters-info/
Joystiq wrote:The Ghostbusters drama just keeps on coming as Dan Aykroyd himself (who starred in and wrote the original film) has revealed just what is going on with our favorite revived franchise. From Dr. Raymond Stantz himself: "Universal purchased the rights from Sony for a game. I'm actually going to have to perform and do some motion capture for them. That will be next year."

So now we know exactly why Sony had to drop the hammer on ZootFly and their Ghostbusters prototype. But why the sudden amount of interest in such an obscure property? It should be obvious by now that this is no mere coincidence. The moment the theme song itself resurfaced in a soon to be released Beatmania title, we knew something had to be up.

And that something is a new feature film. In yet another interview, Aykroyd reveals that not only is Ghostbusters III in production, but it's a computer animated film in which he lends his voice.

All that's left for this resurrection is some new toys and Ecto Cooler, because in 2007 Ghostbusters is all up in our grills, and we're loving it.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

I posted this in O/T because the really big news is the movie, not the game :-P
Ceeg
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Re: Who you gonna call?

Post by Ceeg »

DaMadFiddler wrote:http://www.joystiq.com/2007/02/03/dan-a ... ters-info/
Joystiq wrote:The Ghostbusters drama just keeps on coming as Dan Aykroyd himself (who starred in and wrote the original film) has revealed just what is going on with our favorite revived franchise. From Dr. Raymond Stantz himself: "Universal purchased the rights from Sony for a game. I'm actually going to have to perform and do some motion capture for them. That will be next year."

So now we know exactly why Sony had to drop the hammer on ZootFly and their Ghostbusters prototype. But why the sudden amount of interest in such an obscure property? It should be obvious by now that this is no mere coincidence. The moment the theme song itself resurfaced in a soon to be released Beatmania title, we knew something had to be up.

And that something is a new feature film. In yet another interview, Aykroyd reveals that not only is Ghostbusters III in production, but it's a computer animated film in which he lends his voice.

All that's left for this resurrection is some new toys and Ecto Cooler, because in 2007 Ghostbusters is all up in our grills, and we're loving it.
I rather it be live action, but it still could kick ass.

Also to answer your question on who im gonna call.....why....HE-MAN of course

HE MAN HE MAN HE MAN!
:P
XtremeWRATH-360 Gamertag
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

I dunno...Bill Murray is showing his age, Dan Aykroyd has ballooned, Harold Ramis is ugly as sin these days (just look at him in "As Good As It Gets"), Rick Moranis has fallen off the face of the planet thanks to a string of crappy kids' movies, and Sigourney Weaver is a total bitch.

They tried for years to get a live-action version together, but for those reasons and more, it never got beyond the scripting stage.

Ideally, I'd rather like to see a motion picture based on Real Ghostbusters. That was a pretty decent production for a kids' show, and I liked the art style. I'm sure it would end up being kind of a kiddie film, but at least it would be high quality.
Bertrude
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Bertrude »

I was gonna call the A-Team
Ceeg
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Ceeg »

Bertrude wrote:I was gonna call the A-Team
Well first you have to find them then maybe you can hire.........THE A-TEAM
XtremeWRATH-360 Gamertag
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

DaMadFiddler wrote:I dunno...Bill Murray is showing his age, Dan Aykroyd has ballooned, Harold Ramis is ugly as sin these days (just look at him in "As Good As It Gets"), Rick Moranis has fallen off the face of the planet thanks to a string of crappy kids' movies, and Sigourney Weaver is a total bitch.
I really miss Rick Moranis. :cry:
Sir Slash

Post by Sir Slash »

this should be in offtopic
WELCO
ME
TOT
HE
NEX
T
LEVEL

DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Sir Slash wrote:this should be in offtopic
Which is where it was originally :P
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

impetus wrote:
DaMadFiddler wrote:I dunno...Bill Murray is showing his age, Dan Aykroyd has ballooned, Harold Ramis is ugly as sin these days (just look at him in "As Good As It Gets"), Rick Moranis has fallen off the face of the planet thanks to a string of crappy kids' movies, and Sigourney Weaver is a total bitch.
I see him all the time.
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen

Post by AgentGreen »

ace wrote:
impetus wrote:
I see him all the time.
Humber College?
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

AgentGreen wrote:
ace wrote:
impetus wrote:
I see him all the time.
Humber College?
Once in a while.
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

which campus?
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

While I would have prefered a live-action sequel, I guess I will still go see this new one. I just hope that it doesn't end up sucking and being a shit stain on one of my fav franchises.

And while the second movie had its moments, the first is still better.