controller help

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
neoknux_009
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

controller help

Post by neoknux_009 »

a controller of mine seems quite dodgy. it only works when the controller is an awkward position, like upside down or on the side. so when it works the dc responds to the buttons, and the vmu turns on.

so i openned it, and i swiched the main wire with another one from another controller and i realized the wire was the problem (main wire connecting to the controller board). i took a look at it, and the black wire's inner (it was ripped) was looking a but damaged, so i tried to solder over it but i got similar results. after more experimenting (i had to keep an ear out for the beep and look at the vmu screen for a picture) i realized that the controller worked when i pulled the wire in awkward postition, so i tried taping it to some positions but that didnt work either.

so if anyone has any advice on what to do or what colour wires of the controller do what, it would be helpful. thanks.
henzenmann
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by henzenmann »

neoknux_009
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by neoknux_009 »

no luck with checking the wires normally. so i decided to get my extension cord, and connect using that assuming their was some internal messup within my normal wire. so i connected all the coloured wires to their corresponding metal on the extension using the sites info. now, the vmu sounds on in the beginning, but then turns off again and the dc isnt detecting the controller. so could one of the data wires, or the electric wires causing the problems.

or

should i scratch the extension idea, rip my normal cord entirely and look fo an error?.