Wii launch topic

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Wagh
Wagh
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Wii launch topic

Post by Wagh »

I'm pretty excited. I'm going to try Walmart at 12 and if I can't get one I'll wait till Target opens. I went looking for Wii games earlier to see if anyone was selling them early. No such luck. I gotta say though I saw a pretty funny scene. A bunch of kids were looking at various ps2 and xbox games. All the moms were sitting at the Wii display staring at it. They all seemed excited. I heard them talking about how they'd get one to play aroudn with.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

Wagh wrote:I'm pretty excited. I'm going to try Walmart at 12 and if I can't get one I'll wait till Target opens. I went looking for Wii games earlier to see if anyone was selling them early. No such luck. I gotta say though I saw a pretty funny scene. A bunch of kids were looking at various ps2 and xbox games. All the moms were sitting at the Wii display staring at it. They all seemed excited. I heard them talking about how they'd get one to play aroudn with.
:lol:

I'm pretty pumped for the Wii too. I'm not gonna get one at launch though. I'm waiting until after Crhistmas to get one.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

i mapped my route for tomorrow morning, which was good because i found that the best buy was already selling a few games, and the accessories. i picked up a wiimote and nunchuck, the wiimote is smaller than i thought, but the nunchuck feels just like the middle part of a n64 controller (except with a better joystick and 1 extra button.

i think i'm going to have to camp out tonight though, target already had 3 people waiting (though probably only for one or 2 systems), i'm going to go back there tonight, and if the line looks like it might fill, i'm going to go wait. the operator on the phone said the manager would be giving out tickets at 7-7:30, and if i don't get one i'll go to the best buy which gives out the tickets at 8.
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

Friday at UPS I loaded a truck that has best buy on its route and there were about 70 wii boxes on the truck, so maybe best buys are getting a bunch for each store.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

Update: I just called all my local walmarts that are opened at midnight, and they have already given out all the reserve tickets. In a 30 mile radius, all midnight walmart releases are gone. Weak Sauce, I am starting to believe I might not get one.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

heading to walmart soon, cause i'm really bored. if the line is >20 then I'll head to target, but we'll see.
Tetris: 556-381-350-981
MKDS: 163-282-974-709
royhubbs
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by royhubbs »

The super wal-mart which is open 24 hours had a line of 40 plus people for the wii about an hour ago. screw that, but then my local wal mart that isnt open 24 hours opens at 7 and there wasnt one person camping. I have one pre ordered from gamestop, but those bastards don't open till 11 am WTF!! I hope they have component cables :? or best buy maybe. But im very excited, I probably wont even play zelda till I can atleast see it in 480p
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I'd like to get one, but I will probably end up waiting until after christmas. I'd like to go tonight and wait, but I feel like crap and don't think I could last in the cold :(.

Also what all does it come with? 1 contoller and system? So I'd need to pick up another wii-mote and numchunk, a memory card and some games? I really haven't been paying much attention to the wii, but Zelda and Red Steel look to be worth it.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

No line at the Walmart down the street. I'm going to go by there before work (about 3:30 AM or so) and see if they have any. Failing that, I'll drive around after work and find one. This is a very Sony loving town, so I don't expect everyone to be sold out.
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

No goes to Kmart. Try them.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover

Post by butters »

SuperMegatron wrote:No goes to Kmart. Try them.
I was actually thinking more along the lines of Toys R Us. They are getting more consoles than Bestbuy even.
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

Passed by my local best buy earlier, pretty much deserted. 5 people in line max. Then again, it was only 8:00. I bet there would be a big line up at EB Games though. One of my friends is going to Blockbuster, thinks he'll have a better chance of getting one there. At this rate, he wouldn't even have needed to go to the trouble.
Cyphix
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Cyphix »

I have one reserved, picking it up at midnight.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Thomas wrote:Also what all does it come with? 1 contoller and system? So I'd need to pick up another wii-mote and numchunk, a memory card and some games? I really haven't been paying much attention to the wii, but Zelda and Red Steel look to be worth it.
It comes with the console, one Wii remote and nunchuck, and a copy of Wii Sports (golf, tennis, boxing, baseball, bowling game with the Wii remote controlling things like golf clubs, fists, baseball bats, tennis rackets, etc.).

There is no need to buy a memory card as the Wii remote has 512MB of storage built into it, and you can use SD cards for further memory expansion.

Gamespot rated Red Steel pretty low (5.5 I think), but it still looks like a ton of fun. They rated Zelda at 8.8 however.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover

Post by butters »

ace wrote:
Thomas wrote:Also what all does it come with? 1 contoller and system? So I'd need to pick up another wii-mote and numchunk, a memory card and some games? I really haven't been paying much attention to the wii, but Zelda and Red Steel look to be worth it.
It comes with the console, one Wii remote and nunchuck, and a copy of Wii Sports (golf, tennis, boxing, baseball, bowling game with the Wii remote controlling things like golf clubs, fists, baseball bats, tennis rackets, etc.).

There is no need to buy a memory card as the Wii remote has 512MB of storage built into it, and you can use SD cards for further memory expansion.

Gamespot rated Red Steel pretty low (5.5 I think), but it still looks like a ton of fun. They rated Zelda at 8.8 however.
1up gave Zelda a 10. IGN gave it a 9.5. Pretty good ratings.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

I'll be driving to EB Games in just a little bit. I reserved mine, and they're apparently doing a midnight release for anyone who reserved it.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

Going to head to wal-mart at 4:30ish... they are starting to sell them at 6. If that fails (and I'm betting it will) then I will head over to Toys r Us... they are getting 84 consoles, so that should be money.

If not ???
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

Both Wally worlds here were full by 10pm. Best buy has about 20 people, and Target has NONE. I'm about to go setup camp at Target.
TyBO
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by TyBO »

I'm so freaking excited about the Wii right now, especially Zelda. I know everyone's got a gripe about the Wii version of the game, but I have yet to read something about the controls that isn't highly positive.

I'm so glad it's being released on Sunday too. I've got nothing to do all day but get my Zelda on. :facial: