Ambigram project

This forum is where you can show off your art, such as emulator software skins, DVD and CD covers; or discuss other art-related topics.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Ambigram project

Post by ace »

for those that don't know, an ambigram is a design that looks the exact same when viewed upside down as when viewed regularly. More info can be found on wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambigram

The iconic modern day example of course comes from Dan Brown's Angels and Demons.

I want to get an ambigram tattoo of my name. Currently the best available one online is on this site: http://www.wowtattoos.com/index-8kl.html (search for Keith). Unfortunately it's $9.99! I was wondering if anyone would either be able to make a good looking duplicate of that one, or even come up with a better one?

Any help is greatly appreciated, and I'll be sure to mention your name when I tell the story behind the tattoo.

If you opt to make one yourself, I really like 'sharp' designs (like this), but anyone who makes one themselves is a true artists.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

If I get bored, I might take a stab at it. Now that I have an example from that site, I think I could make up one with the sharp edges that you like. I see a few ideas that I can play off of.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Heh, I forgot all about this topic. I hope you still needed one, because I just made one up real quick. There are some rough edges, I know, but I thought I would at least show it to you to see if you like it and what you need changed with it.

Once we perfect it, I'll send you a much higher resolution file. That is, if you still need it.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

That's pretty damn awesome Mel.
It boggles my mind how people can come up with these things.
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Actually, now that I have stepped away for a few hours and look at it again, that looks pretty crappy. It's way too fat, the K/H looks weird, and the split with the T/E looks funny too. The I looks pretty awesome, though. Anyway, let me try again, cause I can do better than that.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

that's awesome, but if you want to make another too, that's even better!
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

I know you said you prefer sharp, but... I don't :P
This is the first vectorial drawing I ever made. Actually not quite, but it's the first time I use a vector oriented program (BTW Inkspace is really good), so taking that into consideration I think it came out pretty well