How do I make a roms cd for gnuboy?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
dongato
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

How do I make a roms cd for gnuboy?

Post by dongato »

Do I need to do anything special (put the roms in a specified folder, add files, etc.) or just add the roms to the cd?
Dr. Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Your unzipped roms need to be in a folder called "gb", then burn them the same way you burn a NesterDC rom disc.
dongato
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by dongato »

That was quick.
EvilSporkMan
God Of All Things Sporkish
God Of All Things Sporkish

Post by EvilSporkMan »

out of curiosity, can i USE my unfinalized NesterDC ROM disc for GnuBoy? It already has some SMS roms on it. By the way, how many tracks is it physically possible to put on a CD before it's unreadable? (i'll use up tracks before I use up the space on the CD)
You can go anywhere you want if you look serious and carry a clipboard.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

EvilSporkMan wrote:out of curiosity, can i USE my unfinalized NesterDC ROM disc for GnuBoy? It already has some SMS roms on it. By the way, how many tracks is it physically possible to put on a CD before it's unreadable? (i'll use up tracks before I use up the space on the CD)
Hmmm, i never try unclosed CD's so I dont know however I cant see any reason why you cant use your unfinalised disc as a Gnuboy rom disc especially if you dont have that many roms.

You can have as many tracks as possible until the CD is filled up.