anyone ever have any DS lite problems? i think i do now

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

anyone ever have any DS lite problems? i think i do now

Post by gamedudex2 »

my top scren image distorts when i tilt the screen. if i put the top screen straight up the image is distorted. if i put it all the way flat back then the image is fine. I was wondering does the ds do that or is it maybe a prob with my screen?

if so i'm calling nintendo. i had my ds lite since launch and just noticed the problem. oh and i never play games that way, i just tried it and noticed this issue.

plus doesnt nintendo just give you a new system instead of actually repairing your old one when you ship them your old one in the box they send ya?

*edit* sorry will someone put this in the game forum, i had to windows opened up and didn't notice.
Last edited by gamedudex2 on Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

Nintendo is usually very good about customer service/repairs and if yours is still covered under a warranty, which it should still be, then all should be taken care of.

The silver cube that I got from ebay had some problems when I got it, it would freeze and an a error message would pop up after five minutes, and they fixed it no problem and even offered free shipping through kinko's.

That being said, I have owned both a ds and a ds lite without any problems whatsoever. For some reason, though, the lite seems to go through batteries quickier if you turn the brightness up; or at least mine does.
MrSiggler
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by MrSiggler »

Smiley wrote:That being said, I have owned both a ds and a ds lite without any problems whatsoever. For some reason, though, the lite seems to go through batteries quickier if you turn the brightness up; or at least mine does.
I hope i'm just misunderstanding what you said.. but it would make sense for the batteries to drain faster with a brighter light, would it not?
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

:lol: I would assume that would be the case.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

The only problem I have with my DS Lite is the hinge crack but it's not bad enough to warrant a replacement. It's a minor annoyance, not a huge flaw.
Tetris: 556-381-350-981
MKDS: 163-282-974-709
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

i never had the hindge crack issue
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

MrSiggler wrote:
Smiley wrote:That being said, I have owned both a ds and a ds lite without any problems whatsoever. For some reason, though, the lite seems to go through batteries quickier if you turn the brightness up; or at least mine does.
I hope i'm just misunderstanding what you said.. but it would make sense for the batteries to drain faster with a brighter light, would it not?

:guffaw:

It's Smiley, Siggler. It's Smiley.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Mr. Jeeba wrote:
MrSiggler wrote:

I read Smiley's post about three times, just to give him the benefit of the doubt.

That benefit of the doubt being that he's not retarded.

But, alas, it would appear that he is hopelessly dumb.
Very sexy hero, omg
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

atf487 wrote:The only problem I have with my DS Lite is the hinge crack but it's not bad enough to warrant a replacement. It's a minor annoyance, not a huge flaw.
will nintendo replace ds lite's with the hinge crack? a friend of mine just got a crack in his and so it got me wondering.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Re: anyone ever have any DS lite problems? i think i do now

Post by DaMadFiddler »

gamedudex2 wrote:plus doesnt nintendo just give you a new system instead of actually repairing your old one when you ship them your old one in the box they send ya?
Usually, the guy on the phone will give you two options:
1. You can either send yours in and have them fix it and send it back, or
2. They can send you a "new" (refurb'ed) unit immediately, and you use that box to send yours back to them, which they will then refurbish and resell.

Either way works. The purpose of the second option is so that you don't have to spend any time without your system (and since you get the replacement first, you can transfer your user data before sending yours away).

Nintendo is one of the very few tech companies with good service. I've never had any problems dealing with them.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

With the second option... couldn't you just keep both?
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

Nintendo CS is pretty good, they sometimes even fix things for you that are out of warranty :)
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

ace wrote:With the second option... couldn't you just keep both?
Yeah, but they'd charge you for it :P
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

Nick wrote:
Mr. Jeeba wrote:
MrSiggler wrote:

I read Smiley's post about three times, just to give him the benefit of the doubt.

That benefit of the doubt being that he's not retarded.

But, alas, it would appear that he is hopelessly dumb.
I was incredibly tired when I wrote that dumb statement..and obviously not thinking very well. :roll: :oops: