Mix CD Swap (Pairings Pg.5)

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Mix CD Swap (Pairings Pg.5)

Post by Prophet][ »

We did this on another forum I visit and it was a lot of fun. I was thinking if people are interested we could do it here. What happens is that you are paired with someone else on the forum that wants to take part and then you both make a CD with a heap of songs you like. You then send your CD to the person you were paired with and then begin the long discussions about how crap someone elses music tastes. The point is to try expose your self to music you usually wouldn't listen too.

It would be harder on this forum as people would have to be willing to post overseas most likely. But if a coulple of people really didn't want to send overseas we could probably work around it.

EDIT: OK, we are doing this so register your interest in this topic.

PAIRINGS!!!!!
Prophet][ & CupNoodle
Quzar & Sir Savant
pixel & TyBO
atf487 & Juan
Thomas & BoneyCork
Zealous zerotype & jaredfogle
Covar & perry
MulletMan13 & Egotistical EvilN
Waugh & not just souLLy now
impetus & Freaky Keneaki

OK, these can be the ground rules for now. Afterwards people can upload theirs if they want or do what ever:
1) You must post a CD to the person you are paired with
2) You must only have a band appear once on the CD
4) You email the tracklist after the person has received the CD and listened to it
5) You must register before next saturday so the names can be drawn on sunday and people can send their address to their paired person.

CD-Rs don't cost that much to ship overseas, according to Australia Post it will cost my about $3.20 to post a CD to the US, thats like $2US.
Last edited by Prophet][ on Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:31 am, edited 12 times in total.
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!

Post by CupNoodle »

Kenichi + Orbo ftw

Joking aside I really like this idea.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

CupNoodle wrote:Kenichi + Orbo ftw

Yeah...except you probably have most of the CDs I would include songs from.

But yeah, that is a good idea.
TyBO
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by TyBO »

I like this idea a lot too. Count me in if we actually do it.
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!

Post by CupNoodle »

Freaky Keneaki wrote:
CupNoodle wrote:Kenichi + Orbo ftw

Yeah...except you probably have most of the CDs I would include songs from.

But yeah, that is a good idea.
Actually, I probably wouldn't. My collection consists of about forty CDs and about a hundred pieces of vinyl. I get most of my general (useless) music knowledge from reading, friends and working at a record store. I also hear stuff playing over our speakers for 8 hours a day and as a result I don't bother buying stuff that I feel I don't absolutely need.
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!

Post by CupNoodle »

I had an idea for this swapping business. How about we send the CD and just write something like "DCemu Mix CD #1" and then send the track listing after they've listened to it? It would keep people from automatically making assumptions about a CD they've never heard. Of course, they could always just lie and say they've listened to it already.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

CupNoodle wrote:I had an idea for this swapping business. How about we send the CD and just write something like "DCemu Mix CD #1" and then send the track listing after they've listened to it? It would keep people from automatically making assumptions about a CD they've never heard. Of course, they could always just lie and say they've listened to it already.
Yeah, that's what I was planning to do. So someone doesn't read the song listings and go "bleh, Deftones. skip. bleh, Jimmy Eat World. skip." and so on. It gives them more of a surprise, they might even like a song by a band they normally hate.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

I think I'd want to participate in this. It seems like fun.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

Send me one Q <3
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

CD-RW, so I don't have to buy a CDR to send you )()(
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

I'm in on this, someone should sticky this and organise it all, so its semi-random who we're linked up with.
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

I guess I can try organise it since Im saying we should do it. So register your interest in this topic. I'll give people a week to decide then I'll write everyones name out and put it in a hat and draw out the pairs.
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

could put a spin on it and say only music from your country or something like that?
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

not just souLLy now wrote:could put a spin on it and say only music from your country or something like that?
Jeez, it's not like we have people here from Africa apart of the Koosha-Koosha-Tooki-Tooki tribe or some shit. I'm fairly sure we've all heard the same bands since a lot of bands are known worldwide.
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Freaky Keneaki wrote:
not just souLLy now wrote:could put a spin on it and say only music from your country or something like that?
Jeez, it's not like we have people here from Africa apart of the Koosha-Koosha-Tooki-Tooki tribe or some shit. I'm fairly sure we've all heard the same bands since a lot of bands are known worldwide.
YOU INSULT MY NIGERIAN HERITIGE
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Freaky Keneaki wrote:
I<3 Congotronics
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

Freaky Keneaki wrote:
Speak for yourself emo boy ;)

Btw, I'm in.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Im in.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Freaky Keneaki wrote:
souLLy just wants you to listen to The Streets, George Formby and Lily Allen.
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

BoneyCork wrote:
Freaky Keneaki wrote:
souLLy just wants you to listen to The Streets, George Formby and Lily Allen.
Elton John