F/S: Dreamcast Modchips (Pre-Wired)! FINAL CHANCE!

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

F/S: Dreamcast Modchips (Pre-Wired)! FINAL CHANCE!

Post by Nick »

$10 each. Enables region-free functionality in the Dreamcast console -- simply pop in any disc and go. This means if you have an NTSC-U Dreamcast, it will now play games from PAL and NTSC-J regions as well. All that is required is a soldering iron, solder, and a phillips head screwdriver. I have many available.

Instructions are located here (click thumbnail):

Image of chip is located here (click thumbnail):

Shipping is $1.50 per chip in the US. Shipping is $2 per chip outside of the US. They are shipped in sturdy bubble mailers, so that they are not cracked or damaged during transit. If you are interested in more than three chips, please contact me for shipping costs.

I also have Overclocking kits to those that wish to eek some extra performance out of their 'cast. They are $5 a piece, and include printed instructions. They are not for someone who is starting out at soldering, but they aren't extremely difficult to install either. Shipping is the same on these as it is for the chips.

Finally, I have a Coldheat soldering iron. For those that don't know, this runs on 4 AA batteries (included). Simply flick a switch, bring it to the joint you wish to solder, and it will solder it. You don't have to worry about it burning down the house, either, because it only gets hot when it's touching a joint or piece of solder. Good for small projects (like installing modchips/LEDs etc.).

Includes iron, one tip, case and instructions. $10 + shipping to your area. Retails for $20+ (the tips are $10 alone).

Picture:

I accept Paypal, money orders or cash. Please contact me via PM or email at unwinddesign@gmail.com. If you're interested in trading, please PM me with what you have. Thanks.
Last edited by Nick on Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Very sexy hero, omg
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Update.
Very sexy hero, omg
B-RAD
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by B-RAD »

Bump. Are these still available, Nick? Because I can said payment tonight (friday) or monday at the latest if I don't hear from you.

email and pm sent.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

B-RAD wrote:Bump. Are these still available, Nick? Because I can said payment tonight (friday) or monday at the latest if I don't hear from you.

email and pm sent.
Yep, these are still available. Lots of them.
Very sexy hero, omg
B-RAD
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by B-RAD »

Nick wrote:
B-RAD wrote:Bump. Are these still available, Nick? Because I can said payment tonight (friday) or monday at the latest if I don't hear from you.

email and pm sent.
Yep, these are still available. Lots of them.
Cool. Like I said in my pm, I sent payment today via money order. And if you still have some my next paycheck,I would like to buy more.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Bump.
Very sexy hero, omg
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Bump.
Very sexy hero, omg
Darksaviour69
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Darksaviour69 »

try posting in the shop and sellers forum at dcemu.co.uk / dcnews.co.uk
B-RAD
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by B-RAD »

Jolly good, old man!! I got the chip saturday, and installed it sunday night without any trouble. Now, I need some imports; are you selling any, Nick?
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

B-RAD wrote:Jolly good, old man!! I got the chip saturday, and installed it sunday night without any trouble. Now, I need some imports; are you selling any, Nick?
Imports really aren't my area, although I do snag a few every now and then again. You can check the 'bay for cheap ones -- a lot of titles go for a couple of bucks or vastly cheaper than their American counterparts.

I just sold the last few ones I had.
Very sexy hero, omg
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Updated.
Very sexy hero, omg
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Bump! Got a lot of these still left. So for all you who emailed me before, but never got back to me, you still have a shot at a chip!
Very sexy hero, omg
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Updated with a Coldheat iron, still have a bunch of chips left as well.
Very sexy hero, omg
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

Don't wanna scare away your customers, but "gets hot" isn't the right choice of words it uses some sort of electric current to zap the solder. I didn't think it was worth it when I bought one.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

fackue wrote:Don't wanna scare away your customers, but "gets hot" isn't the right choice of words it uses some sort of electric current to zap the solder. I didn't think it was worth it when I bought one.
I know that. Basically, when you put a piece of metal in there (solder or something else) it completes a circuit, and the heat that's generated melts the solder. Once the connection is broken between the + and - side of the tip, it goes cold.

It's a nice bit of kit for the price, but I wouldn't use it for anything bigger than a Dreamcast and some light modding. It's nice, because you don't have to set up a specific work area for it; you can just put it on your desk, bed or some place else without fear of burning something important.
Very sexy hero, omg
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Bump.
Very sexy hero, omg
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Do you know if these let the DC play white label pre-release games (not GD-Rs) ?
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Quzar wrote:Do you know if these let the DC play white label pre-release games (not GD-Rs) ?
Yes, they will.
Very sexy hero, omg
two-rok
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by two-rok »

hi nick

i bought you a dc chip a few weeks ago, only installed yesterday, with no soldering problems, my only problem was to find a good place to fix the chip, every place i was choosing to fix, turned out impossible because then the "metal cover" didn't fit properly, but after a couple of works i did it. thanks.

i'm curious about that soldering iron, wouldn't you recommend it for harder soldering works? like installing a slimline ps2 chip? i'm thinking about installing one in my slim ps2 but i'm still thinking if i'm able to do it :oops:

until now i've only installed 1 DC modchip and 1 Saturn modchip, both with success
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

two-rok wrote:hi nick

i bought you a dc chip a few weeks ago, only installed yesterday, with no soldering problems, my only problem was to find a good place to fix the chip, every place i was choosing to fix, turned out impossible because then the "metal cover" didn't fit properly, but after a couple of works i did it. thanks.

i'm curious about that soldering iron, wouldn't you recommend it for harder soldering works? like installing a slimline ps2 chip? i'm thinking about installing one in my slim ps2 but i'm still thinking if i'm able to do it :oops:

until now i've only installed 1 DC modchip and 1 Saturn modchip, both with success
I think a slim PS2 chip install is similar to a Dreamcast chip, only with more wires. It should work fine. It's meant for electronics/small hobby use.
Very sexy hero, omg