OMG! PS3, Metal Gear Solid 4 and MGS:Portable Ops

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
NeonGenesis
Respected Artist
Respected Artist
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

OMG! PS3, Metal Gear Solid 4 and MGS:Portable Ops

Post by NeonGenesis »

:o Holy freaking bologna sandwiches, batman!!

I just got my new PSM mag in the mail the other day. Great stuff in there, especially about the latest MGS games. Has anyone else seen all the latest for MGS4?! It is looking pretty damn pimped out, even better that it was when the first videos of it were shown. The scream I let out was a little too close to feminine for my comfort...

The only thing that pisses me off is that the PS3 just got a price tag of $500 for the basic and $600 for the complete system!!! The $500 model has a 20-gig HD as opposed to 60-gig HD and loses the HDMI out, Memory stick slots, WLAN features, and a couple other things. I love my Sony systems, but damn... five hundred bucks? Really, Sony, I know it's a Blu-Ray player, too, but this is a little excessive. Going to be a sock in the nuts with the 360 being out first, AND being cheaper by a couple hundred dollars. Who else is pissed? At least they dropped the boomerang controller and went back to a Dual-Shock looking controller (which, ironically, no longer will be dual shock, because it interferes with the controllers new sensors for the angle at which you hold it).

Also nifty was the pics for the upcoming MGS:Portable Ops for PSP. It's going to take place after MGS3, and it is looking very high-quality. I assume it's going to require the graphic functions added to the later firmwares, though, so it may just be the game that convinces me to buy the mod-chip coming out shortly for the PSP. No way I'm dropping my homebrew-functional 1.5 firmware, even for MGS.

Just had to rant. Opinions on the above, anyone?
Number Six
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Re: OMG! PS3, Metal Gear Solid 4 and MGS:Portable Ops

Post by Number Six »

NeonGenesis wrote::o Holy freaking bologna sandwiches, batman!!
The only thing that pisses me off is that the PS3 just got a price tag of $500 for the basic and $600 for the complete system!!! The $500 model has a 20-gig HD as opposed to 60-gig HD and loses the HDMI out, Memory stick slots, WLAN features, and a couple other things. I love my Sony systems, but damn... five hundred bucks? Really, Sony, I know it's a Blu-Ray player, too, but this is a little excessive. Going to be a sock in the nuts with the 360 being out first, AND being cheaper by a couple hundred dollars. Who else is pissed? At least they dropped the boomerang controller and went back to a Dual-Shock looking controller (which, ironically, no longer will be dual shock, because it interferes with the controllers new sensors for the angle at which you hold it).
Where were you three weeks ago? :| :P
DARKGATE wrote:look me in the my balls eyes :o
NeonGenesis
Respected Artist
Respected Artist

Post by NeonGenesis »

lol, you gotta give me a little break, now. I am fairly disconnected from the game world these days. My computer is a PII 266mhz laptop with a crappy screen, and dial-up internet which I only occasionally have access to. I take it when I can get it!
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

...wow. Neongenesis, you are my friend and all, but you are so out of date that I feel compeled to lock this topic just because the things you are talking about were pretty much discussed for two weeks straight about three weeks ago. The last thing I need is another discussion on why the PS3 sucks.
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

The last thing I need is another discussion on why the PS3 sucks.
I missed that discussion because I almost started one earlier in this topic... what was the end result? Did everyone agree that it sucked? :?:
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

As I've stated elsewhere, I hope that Sony fails with the ps3 and they leave the videogame market. Nothing would make me happier... :twisted:
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

fackue wrote:
I missed that discussion because I almost started one earlier in this topic... what was the end result? Did everyone agree that it sucked? :?:
Pretty much the outcome of the 14 simultaneous topics discussing the PS3 ended in everyone wanting to mate with the Wii and flaming Boney for wanting a PS3 until the topic was eventually locked.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Smiley wrote:As I've stated elsewhere, I hope that Sony fails with the ps3 and they leave the videogame market. Nothing would make me happier... :twisted:
You should keep your badge.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

fackue wrote:
People attacked the weak spot for MASSIVE DAMAGE
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Nyarlathotep wrote:People attacked the weak spot for MASSIVE DAMAGE
:guffaw:

Using realtime weapon changes, no less.
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Re: OMG! PS3, Metal Gear Solid 4 and MGS:Portable Ops

Post by Covar »

NeonGenesis wrote:controller and went back to a Dual-Shock looking controller (which, ironically, no longer will be dual shock, because it interferes with the controllers new sensors for the angle at which you hold it).
actually they lost a lawsuit involving the copyright of the rumble feature. the interference thing is most likely just spin from sony.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Kenichi wrote:
Smiley wrote:As I've stated elsewhere, I hope that Sony fails with the ps3 and they leave the videogame market. Nothing would make me happier... :twisted:
You should keep your badge.
Agreed.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

The ps3 won't fail, in fact it will probably end up being #1 just like the PS2 is currently the most expensive system and the most underpowered at the same time. The Ps3 however will be very overpriced and apparently quite powerful. The morons who paid $1000 for 360's proved that people will pay anything to get a new console, so why shouldn't Sony put a larger price tag on it?
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Veggita2099 wrote:The ps3 won't fail, in fact it will probably end up being #1 just like the PS2 is currently the most expensive system and the most underpowered at the same time. The Ps3 however will be very overpriced and apparently quite powerful. The morons who paid $1000 for 360's proved that people will pay anything to get a new console, so why shouldn't Sony put a larger price tag on it?
I don't know if $500 is too much, but the people paying $1000 for the 360s were obviously exceptions. There were perhaps a few hundred 360s sold in that price range.

I would expect the PS3 to make it as #1 as well, actually, on sheer momentum. But I could see them losing the spot at the PS4 if things keep going as badly as they appear to be.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

Covar wrote:actually they lost a lawsuit involving the copyright of the rumble feature
Patent.
Veggita2099 wrote:The ps3 won't fail, in fact it will probably end up being #1 just like the PS2 is currently the most expensive system and the most underpowered at the same time.
It's the most underpowered (on paper; from what I've heard I doubt Nintendo and Microsoft give developers the same potential for optimization, so the gap is probably narrower in practice than specs alone would suggest) at least in part because it's the oldest. You can't really fault Sony for failing to warp into the future and bring back PS9.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

Ex-Cyber wrote:
Covar wrote:actually they lost a lawsuit involving the copyright of the rumble feature
Patent.
i stand corrected.