Castlevania : Portrait of Ruin [DS]

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Castlevania : Portrait of Ruin [DS]

Post by Yonke »

heres some pics!!!!!!!!

Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

looks nice
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

...The only important gameplay element that's been revealed is that you can switch off freely between a male (vampire killer) character and female character (with special abilities), much like Castlevania 3, or Dawn of Sorrow in Julius Mode. Also, you can summon creatures, presumably akin to the most recent PS2 game.

The game is set during WWII, and is spent chasing down a cult that's trying to resurrect Dracula (how many times has this happened so far? )()( )

Personally, I think it would be really interesting if they did away with the Metroid-style level design, and instead drew from Castlevania 3 and Dracula X for its design. The character-switching hints at that; I'd love to see another "old-style" CV game in that vein.

...Also, since the main character is a Morris, there's a chance this may be a semi-sequel to Bloodlines.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Yet another game that could just as easily be on the GBA minus some feeble use out of the touch screen that probably doesn't amount to nothing.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Veggita2099 wrote:Yet another game that could just as easily be on the GBA minus some feeble use out of the touch screen that probably doesn't amount to nothing.
QFT.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

Yet another game that could just as easily be on the GBA minus some feeble use out of the touch screen that probably doesn't amount to nothing.
exactly. though i still see the DS as teh better gaming platform than PSP, this annoys me.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Dreamcast4life
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Dreamcast4life »

Even though Dawn of Sorrow is a good game, They need to kill the Super metroid concept of the gaming (as damadfiddler pointed out) I would like to see a stage per stave CV or a brand new Castlevania with a different feel. we are entering with the 5th 2d caslevania game, I love 2d but they need to change the concept. How about a Dracula X PCE port, Since DS carts can hold a Gig of info, IT SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have you played dreamcast today?
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

The Super Metroid route was the best direction the series ever took, along with the 'rpg-lite' features.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

Dreamcast4life wrote:Since DS carts can hold a Gig of info, IT SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From what I've read, the biggest game cart for the DS size is 128 MB (or 1 gigabit). That's about 1/5 the size of a CD, so don't go expecting Final Fantasy 7 on it.
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

butters wrote:
Dreamcast4life wrote:Since DS carts can hold a Gig of info, IT SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From what I've read, the biggest game cart for the DS size is 128 MB (or 1 gigabit). That's about 1/5 the size of a CD, so don't go expecting Final Fantasy 7 on it.
I'm sure FF7 would fit if you rewrote the game and heavily compressed the cutscenes.

But, I'm still a castlevania newb but I really like Aria of Sorrow, and it's Castleroid design, but there have been so many games that maybe a return to the classic style might be required.
TyBO
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by TyBO »

Veggita2099 wrote:Yet another game that could just as easily be on the GBA minus some feeble use out of the touch screen that probably doesn't amount to nothing.
I don't entirely agree. Sure, some (most) of the touch screen functions are useless, but the graphics on the first DS Castlevania were way nicer than anything the GBA could produce. Looks like this one is the same way.

GBA:

vs.

DS
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

I know, tell me about it. It's pathetic to see 2D sprites in this day and age on new hardware. Personally, if the characters are not pushing at least 500 polys apiece, it's simply not worth playing.
predator002
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by predator002 »

Whats wrong with 2d sprites on new hardware? games are about playability rather than graphics. Id personally like to see more 2d games developed on new hardware.

Predator002
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

predator002 wrote:Whats wrong with 2d sprites on new hardware? games are about playability rather than graphics. Id personally like to see more 2d games developed on new hardware.

Predator002
Someone's sarcasm meter is broken ;)