Laser problems

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Laser problems

Post by Caboose »

Argh! I was painting my DC and trying to get the power supply off and it wouldn't come out. Then I realized that it was probably because I had soldered some wires to 2 of the pins. SO I start heating up my soldering iron and go outside to spray on some more paint on hte lid and the body. I come back inside and I accidntally stepped on the dc(I put it under a cover so the laser woulnd't get dusty). I checked it out and everything seemed to be ok. So I plug it in just to make sure and I put a game in. It reads the disc and goes to the Sega screen and that's when it gets problematic. The laser makes a different noise than before when reading the disc, and struggles. It boots small things like homebrew and can play audio CD's, but when I put a game in it might get past the Sega logo screen and everything is choppy and eventually stops loading. I think I might have bent the pins to the PSU when I was trying to get it out. I don't think I damaged the laser when I stepped on the DC. Is it possible to fix this? I tried bending the pins a bit and it didn't help. Cleaning the lens with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol helped a bit, but it still won't play game :cry:

I also tried tweaking the laser a bit.
Pablo
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Pablo »

bump. I'm sure there are some sites that might be selling some gd units, or you can buy a donor from ebay.