Quarn's bumpgen won't compile.

If you have any questions on programming, this is the place to ask them, whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer. Discussion on programming in general is also welcome. We will help you with programming homework, but we will not do your work for you! Any porting requests must be made in Developmental Ideas.
GyroVorbis
Elysian Shadows Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Quarn's bumpgen won't compile.

Post by GyroVorbis »

Since I can't get the bumpgen to compile, I can't get the actual bumpmap demo to compile, which means that I can't use bumpmapping.

If anybody has gotten the bumpgen to compile, which dev environment are you using? If you changed the makefile could you please post it? Or even if you have the executable, could you perhaps IM it to me or email or something?

Whenever I try to compile, it can't find the libraries. Then when I fix it to find the libraries, something goes wrong with the jpeg loader. Then blah blah so on...
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer
Has thanked: 0

Post by BlackAura »

Works fine here (on Linux). You basically need the JPEG and PNG libraries, which are the same as the ones you'd need to compile KOS (the kmgenc and vqenc tools). You should be able to install those through Cygwin's installer, although I can't remember exactly which packages you need to install.
GyroVorbis

Post by GyroVorbis »

Alright, thanks. I'm going to play with it more when I get a bit more time. For now it's time for the English Research Paper that I've been putting off.
quarn
DC Developer
DC Developer
Has thanked: 0

Post by quarn »

If jpeg's are giving you a problem, just comment out the jpeg stuff...

Also, note that this creates DC bumpmaps from heightmaps, not normalmaps... (Although, writing something that creates DC bumpmaps from normalmaps shouldn't be that hard)