Wireless Dreamcast Controllers: DC fans do your duty!

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
jemsic
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Wireless Dreamcast Controllers: DC fans do your duty!

Post by jemsic »

I'm trying to get messiah to make wireless controllers for dreamcast like those awesome NES and SNES ones. I've been sending them emails and told everyone else on a couple other forums to do the same. So send them emails asking for wireless controllers!

This is the message I got from them today:
Hello,

Thanks for your comments. We do not have any confirmed plans for wireless
Dreamcast controllers but we have been getting several requests for them. We
are taking this into consideration.

Thanks for supporting Messiah!
Messiah Entertainment, Inc.
Support Staff
So it appears to be working, because months ago they told me no way, but now it sounds like they're thinking about it!

Send emails to:

Code: Select all

contactus@playmessiah.com
Last edited by jemsic on Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vlame
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Vlame »

I want these things too!
There is only one problem with their products,... those crappy D-pad designs which equals no SF2 on that Snes cintroller, yuck!
Sora Aoi, DoB : Nov. 11/83
Three #s : B35 [F Cup]-W23-H33
Ht : 5"1', Wt : She Ain't Telling
Eyes : Brwn, Hair : Brwn
Natural Bust : Disputed, Blood Type : B
Sexual Orientation : Heterosexual, Stage Names : Sola Aoi
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

Do they make their own designs or are they using the same type of design, but with their modification? I'm curious because if that's _NOT_ so then there wouldn't be much of a reason, Pelican already has wireless Dreamcast controllers.
jemsic
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by jemsic »

Well its hard to tell, because the only controllers they've made so far are NES and SNES. I guess the SNES one looks real close to the original, but they are new designs. They do NOT round up old controllers and modify them. And I've searched for a long time and never found any pelican wireless controller. Even if it existed, it sure wouldn't be as nice as modern 2.4 ghz wireless (like the gamecube wavebird). So we could use a mass produced controller that we can all easily get our hands on.

Ok, I spread the word to other forums now too. The total forums that know:

DCEmulation
Segahub
Racketboy
Dreamcast History
DC-scene
CoolROM
segaforums.com
Planet Dreamcast
Official SEGA.com
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

I think what the problem is is if someone requests the wireless controller then they won't buy it. It'll most likely be 1/2 who request that won't buy. If that company is aiming for the little people, which they should, then great. If they're not, then I don't see wireless controllers coming from them anytime soon. I think what's stopping them now is the time and consideration it takes to come up with the plans and blueprints on how to make them, on top of figuring out the mechanics of the DC maple port and whatever else is needed. Either way, it'll be a great idea, and if Messiah Entertainment do not decide to create a wireless Dreamcast controller, someone else will, whether it be a big company (or smaller in this case) or an independent hobbyist.
jemsic
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by jemsic »

Well did you email them? This thread has 58 views already. If messiah got 58 emails within a day (just from this one site, mind you) they'd have to seriously consider it. Plus, all the other forums are joining in too. So they could receive enough requests to make a decision by the end of the week.

And they'll definitely sell more than what is requested. Even if only half the requesters buy it, most of their sales will come from all the hype and advertising they'll receive on ign, and their own site. Messiah's NEX (nesclone) is already being sold in video game stores and best buy.
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Sweater Fish »

Vlame wrote:I want these things too!
There is only one problem with their products,... those crappy D-pad designs which equals no SF2 on that Snes cintroller, yuck!
Have you ever used one? That kind of digital thumbstick is way better for Street Fighter than a regular dpad. I even prefer them to actual arcade sticks, in fact.

However, that still doesn't equal SF2 with the controller because its button configuration is all wrong just like the original SNES controller.

I doubt Messiah is seriously considering making Dreamcast controllers. Their products are clearly "retro" and the Dreamcast doesn't qualify for retro status yet. Maybe in 5 or 6 years. Even then, though, the Dreamcast probably wasn't popular at its height to ever be considered retro.

...word is bondage...
Vlame
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Vlame »

Uh, the Dcis so retro!
Sora Aoi, DoB : Nov. 11/83
Three #s : B35 [F Cup]-W23-H33
Ht : 5"1', Wt : She Ain't Telling
Eyes : Brwn, Hair : Brwn
Natural Bust : Disputed, Blood Type : B
Sexual Orientation : Heterosexual, Stage Names : Sola Aoi
jemsic
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by jemsic »

you can't speak for some company you have no affiliation with, sweater. They're in business to make money. And on a lik-sang poll, most people agreed that they want messiah to make dreamcast controllers next as opposed to any other controller.

So just email them already. It's not some crazy petition for sonic adventure 3 on dreamcast, its just asking a company to make their next controller for our favorite system.
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Sweater Fish »

I can speak for whatever company I want to. All I'm syaing is look at their products. Messiah's product line is retro-chic style. The Dreamcast is not retro and it's sure as hell not chic.

I already e-mailed them asking about Dreamcast products, though, like two years ago and I got the same response you just got yesterday.

...word is bondage...
gRiMgRaVy014
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by gRiMgRaVy014 »

There, I just sent a nice formal email to help.
jemsic
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by jemsic »

thanks grim!
Segafreak2
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Segafreak2 »

Great Idea, as long as their real DC controllers and not like the Qantum Fighting pads. Yuck
GyroVorbis
Elysian Shadows Developer
Elysian Shadows Developer

Post by GyroVorbis »

It would be so cool if they added the second analog stick. DC already supports it (maracas, fishing rod, etc.), but sadly a controller was never made to take advantage of it...
Pablo
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Pablo »

I'm all for wireless controllers, since I have them for most of my modern consoles and all, but I kinda hope they end up as nice as the wavebirds for the cube; imo, they are much better than the originals.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

I have been in contact with the messiah team for quite some time and over emails we've discussed their future in which I was explained how a sizeable investment was made on the current controllers and next in the line is Sega Genesis and hopefuly the master system would not be to far off

If one wishes to do anything support the ones that are in the pipes only when they are done and over with Dreamcast can be focused on.

P.S check the NEX wireless controllers is not only what they do.