XBOX emulation questions...

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
spiroth10
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

XBOX emulation questions...

Post by spiroth10 »

I just got a used Xbox, and I was wondering if there was a method to get homebrew apps running without having broadband or a modchip...

Im pretty sure I heard something about software modding awhile ago... but the question is, can I do it from CD-Rs instead of FTP access?

thanks in advance.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

xbox-scene will probably hold the answer, its got many tutorials for softmodding the Xbox. Its been quite some time since I did mine but there are install cd's out that should do what you want, I havent used them myself but I assume they start the same way the old soft mod did by loading through a save for mechassault, 007 or splinter cell, the cd's normally come with a choice of about 3 or 4 differant dashboards to install so should suit whatever need you have I think.
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Im pretty sure I heard something about software modding awhile ago... but the question is, can I do it from CD-Rs instead of FTP access?
A softmod could do it just fine without ftp access. Problem then lies in backing up the eeprom and such for if anything were to go wrong. You could also do a hotswap, but that involved opening it up and such. So it depends on how you wanna go about doing the mod. But X-S is a great site for information as hawq pointed out.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

i soft modded mine with splinter cell. it was a 15 minute process if even that. The emulation for the system is great. it was well worth getting the stuff to soft mod. If you are going to soft mod you need the following....Either splinter cell (not the platnium version), Mech Assualt (same thing here) ,or Agent Under Fire... The exploited save files for the particular game you chose..Action Replay (you can also use an xbox to pc usb adaptor ,but AR is easier). Now i don't believe FTP access to your Xbox is nesscery ,but it'll relieve a lot of hassle. For FTP access get FlashFXP. You'll also wanna grab Mirc so you can get in the channels to grab the emulators. I could hook you up with the save files i used if you are going to use splinter cell.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

Krazie's mod is what you're looking for.
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

i believe krazie's is in with the files i have
armada
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by armada »

I softmodded my xbox with the classics pal version of splinter cell

then used a dvdrw and put all the emu's in folders on the root off the dvd then used the xbox file manager to transfer them to xbox HHD
ImageImage