"I have a little zoom lens"

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

"I have a little zoom lens"

Post by Roofus »

An anti-abortion activist is posting Internet pictures of women entering an abortion clinic here.

Martin Wishnatsky, who is banned from going within 150 feet of the Red River Women's Clinic, said he usually stands on a street corner to take the photos.

"I have a little zoom lens," he said.

"I felt it would really give the average person who doesn't visit there a firsthand view of what it looks like to someone who is there," Wishnatsky said. "I hope this might contribute to turning people's hearts back to life."

Clinic Director Tammi Kromenaker called it an intimidation tactic.

Along with the photographs, Wishnatsky has posted the license plates of cars driven by people entering the clinic.

"I think anytime photographs are taken of people and used in this way, that it could be a safety problem," Kromenaker said.

The clinic is advising women not to park across the street and to wear a hat, scarf or sunglasses and no distinctive clothing, she said.

Jennifer Ring, the director of American Civil Liberties Union Dakota chapter, said a number of tactics have been used to identify abortion clinic staff members in other parts of the country. She said they can endanger the lives of the staff, and "can get very scary, very quickly."

Ring said she would speak to an attorney about Wishnatsky's activities.

"My first instinct is, as disgusting as it is and as dangerous as it is, it's probably legal," she said.

Women entering the clinic are not necessarily there for abortions, Ring said.

"How does he know that one of these people isn't, for instance, delivering coffee for someone who works there?" she said.

More than 30 demonstrators gathered Thursday night in downtown Fargo to show support for protesters in South Dakota, where recently signed legislation bans nearly all abortions. The rally was one of several organized throughout the country by Planned Parenthood, which operates nearly 850 health centers in 49 states, including South Dakota's only abortion clinic in Sioux Falls.

Fargo demonstrators held signs reading "stand up for choice" and "do not let it happen here."

Abortion opponents formed their own lines with signs saying, "abortion kills" and "I regret my abortion."

Link
Smurph
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Re: "I have a little zoom lens"

Post by Smurph »

While Technically you are killing a living organism during an abortion, Fetuses aren't people (yet). Do you get hounded, beaten, and possibly murdered for stepping on a bug? Maybe by PETA, but chances are, no.
They are essentially the same thing.

Thus, I'm going to have to go with Maddox on this one.
Maddox wrote:I'm against abortion, but for killing babies. That way, I piss everyone off.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

I <3 my state :s

I'm for the legislation, but not in this context. Abortions give some people an excuse for being irresponisble. It would be like one day saying the legal drinking age 18 and over. There are problems with trying to do something like this. It seems pro-life people think that with the reversion of Roe vs. Wade is going to make us the holy land. I don't think we should be banned it out right without fixing our society first. If that means never banning it, then I guess I'll be fine with it.
stagg
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by stagg »

pixel wrote:I <3 my state :s

I'm for the legislation, but not in this context. Abortions give some people an excuse for being irresponisble. It would be like one day saying the legal drinking age 18 and over. There are problems with trying to do something like this. It seems pro-life people think that with the reversion of Roe vs. Wade is going to make us the holy land. I don't think we should be banned it out right without fixing our society first. If that means never banning it, then I guess I'll be fine with it.
I think abortions are fine. What if someone's raped and its not their fault or something. I mean, don't put a kid threw a life thats gunna suck for him/her.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Believe me stagg, we've been over this many times before. :(

I'm for abortion. I'm not gonna state my reasoning as Image Search will reopen that can of worms.
I.M. Weasel
Iron Muskateer Weasel

Post by I.M. Weasel »

Not saying I disagree with you.

Problem is pixel, that for the majority of the irresponsible people, having a kid doesnt teach them to be responsible. And thus you have a child with an irresponsible parent. It might, 30-40 years later after they finally realize what the f**k they did.
:arrow: http://tofuheavyindustries.com
Mac Dream Tool / Mac Dream Tool Services (released Sept. 2019)
Creator of Various awesome Video Games

"You don't have to be forgiven. Clint Eastwood taught us that."
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

I.M. Weasel wrote:

Problem is pixel, that for the majority of the irresponsible people, having a kid doesnt teach them to be responsible. And thus you have a child with an irresponsible parent. It might, 30-40 years later after they finally realize what the f**k they did.
Irresponsible people shouldn't be parents. I agree with you there. The problem is that many people see abortion as an "easy fix" when their irresponsible behavior gets them into hot water. That really isn't how it should be. Don't get me wrong. I'm pro-choice, but abortion should be the measure of last resort. If the pill failed, the condom broke, or Daddy's been violating you, then get the abortion. If you're normally very careful and normally are a good judge of guys, but you were drunk and the jerk dumps you and leaves you without any support, and you feel there's not another option, then get the abortion. Once. I knew girls in high school who got abortions more often than I get my oil changed. As far as I'm concerned, that is unacceptable. It's not like having an abortion is a risk-free operation.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

OneThirty8 wrote:
I.M. Weasel wrote:

Irresponsible people shouldn't be parents. I agree with you there. The problem is that many people see abortion as an "easy fix" when their irresponsible behavior gets them into hot water. That really isn't how it should be. Don't get me wrong. I'm pro-choice, but abortion should be the measure of last resort. If the pill failed, the condom broke, or Daddy's been violating you, then get the abortion. If you're normally very careful and normally are a good judge of guys, but you were drunk and the jerk dumps you and leaves you without any support, and you feel there's not another option, then get the abortion. Once. I knew girls in high school who got abortions more often than I get my oil changed. As far as I'm concerned, that is unacceptable. It's not like having an abortion is a risk-free operation.
I don't like irresponsible parents either. That's why I pro-abortion until we deal with bigger problems in our society.
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

I honestly don't think men should have a say in this. We don't have to worry about being pregnant, or having to worry about what it could do to our bodies. We have to worry about sticking around, and suporting the girl.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

I knew girls in high school who got abortions more often than I get my oil changed.
Why? It's a serious thing to have done and is expensive - much more expensive than birth control in more ways than finances. In many cases, they also won't do over a certain number in a given time frame for health reasons as well.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

Lartrak wrote:
I knew girls in high school who got abortions more often than I get my oil changed.
Why? It's a serious thing to have done and is expensive - much more expensive than birth control in more ways than finances. In many cases, they also won't do over a certain number in a given time frame for health reasons as well.
That's my point. Rather than go on the pill or purchase and use condoms, some people just comfort themselves with the fact that they can always get an abortion. I think it should be an option for people, but that doesn't mean people shouldn't take responsibilty and make smart decisions before making whoopie. Like you said, it makes no sense financially, and it isn't exactly the most healthy thing a girl can do to her body.

Also, I didn't mean that girls were literally getting abortions every three months. I just meant that I was aware of several girls who had several abortions each. In my opinion, once should be enough to make a person wake up and say, "maybe I should make sure this doesn't happen again until I'm ready to be a parent."
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

OneThirty8 wrote:
Lartrak wrote:
That's my point. Rather than go on the pill or purchase and use condoms, some people just comfort themselves with the fact that they can always get an abortion. I think it should be an option for people, but that doesn't mean people shouldn't take responsibilty and make smart decisions before making whoopie. Like you said, it makes no sense financially, and it isn't exactly the most healthy thing a girl can do to her body.

Also, I didn't mean that girls were literally getting abortions every three months. I just meant that I was aware of several girls who had several abortions each. In my opinion, once should be enough to make a person wake up and say, "maybe I should make sure this doesn't happen again until I'm ready to be a parent."
In that case, I completely agree.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

stagg wrote: I mean, don't put a kid threw a life thats gunna suck for him/her.
Shouldn't the kid get a choice in the matter?
Synlor
Official DCEMU Stalker
Official DCEMU Stalker

Post by Synlor »

So lets say your daddy is a murderer, why don't we kill you cause of what he did? Just because some guy rapes a girl doesn't give us the right to punish that child, it didn't have a choice in the matter. By getting an abortion after being raped, the woman is only continueing the cycle of violence.

Gotta love my state though :)
Thanks to Digital Chaos, GoldbergWWE, and ace for the avatar, sig, and badge!
http://devcast.dcemulation.com
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen

Post by AgentGreen »

Let's ask you if you want to have a constant reminder of that horrible ordeal once you grow a vagina and get raped. Because it's easy to dismiss it when you don't have any way of being on the receiving end of that situation.

However I think that allowing a child to be born into a house where his mother will never love him and never wanted him is more tragic than one not having been born at all. Of course there are some rape victims who decide on keeping their baby and the kid turns out fine. That's why it's pro-choice.