redesigning a dell emblem

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

redesigning a dell emblem

Post by Vchat20 »

OK. so more than likely im going to have a dell laptop in my hands within probably 2 or 3 weeks depending on how long the income tax refund check comes in (irs gives an estimated date of 1/31 while the sanata barbra bank that turbotax deals with gives a date of 1/27).

anyways, one of the first hack jobs that has run through my mind is a fairly simply redesign of the dell emblem on the back of the screen. my idea is to try and "erase" the dell logo and in its place put my own little design of some sort. I was just curious if anyone has done anything similar and has a good idea on how to go about this?

ILAMtitan
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by ILAMtitan »

the easiest thing to do is to fill in the indentions where it says dell, and paint something new over it. THe best stuff i have found for filling things like that is a two part clay that you can get at the better hobby shops. Use just enough, sand it smooth, and paint it however you want.
Nemesis
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Nemesis »

does this clay have a brand? i need something just like that....i'm doubling the size of a DC case, and i need something to fill the cracks...

for your logo redesign, i would do what he said, then make a custom stencil, print it out, cut it out, and spraypaint it...
Feel it, Don't think
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

Its plastic, so sanding might not be too good. But then again, the indent looks a bit shallow to bother with putty stuff