What different Mod Loaders are there?

A forum for news and discussion about Beats of Rage and its modification.
MethodGit
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Been thanked: 0

What different Mod Loaders are there?

Post by MethodGit »

I ask because it seems IMR's loader from '04 isn't all that good, to be honest. =P

I seem to recall another loader I temporarily tried in the same year, but I can't remember who made it. It was one with side-scrolling selections and played the oft-remembered 2 Unlimited poptastic hit "No Limits" in the background. But I can't seem to find any other DC loaders for download somehow.

Also, who was responsible for the loader that's used in the three BOR compilations at DCEvolution? Looks like a demo disc hack, but I haven't a clue as to whether you can easily adapt it to your own selections and all that.

All help appreciated, thanks!
MethodGit
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by MethodGit »

Anybody?
DCDayDreamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
Has thanked: 0

Post by DCDayDreamer »

Seeing as nobody wants to reply, and as the culprit who got all of the current mod loaders to work, I suppose I should answer your question/s.

IMR's loader is poor, even the man himself couldn't get it work on a bootable DC CD (it was a simple fix but I won't get into any bashing).

The loader with the "No Limits" track was a hack of Chui's early Fenix runtime/loader (he did give permission for it's use though), it was PAL only back then, however there's some loading issues with certain BoR mods so it wasn't released with the latest PAL/NTSC Fenix runtime/loader.

The BoR Collection 1 and 2 compilations use a demo loader, the RoD compilation uses a different demo loader, both loaders won't be available at DC Evolution for much longer.

There are other dubious ways to load BoR mods (Web Browser etc.), there are also other completely 'out of the grey' ways of loading BoR mods, there is even a way to load different BoR mods using a single BoR binary file.

There is of course the easiest option which is the good old SBI format (which was again, a simple hack on a homebrew binary).

Just to let the cat out of the bag:
DC Evolution will soon host all of the BoR mods available in SBI format, and unlike the current SBI's available, the PAK file will be included with each SBI so it won't get any easier.
Across the Universe
MethodGit
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by MethodGit »

DCDayDreamer wrote:The loader with the "No Limits" track was a hack of Chui's early Fenix runtime/loader (he did give permission for it's use though), it was PAL only back then, however there's some loading issues with certain BoR mods so it wasn't released with the latest PAL/NTSC Fenix runtime/loader.
I take it that's why the download (wherever it came from back then) was later removed from existence? When I used it in '04 (I think) I couldn't remember whether it was a pre-made collection I downloaded off somewhere or whether I provided the PAKs myself. I also notice that the Fenix downloads on Chui's page are broken too.

Thanks for all the info and updates anyway. I found the DCEvo page with the SBIs btw, I might be able to use the loaders with other mods with a bit of menu editing and pak-renaming!