Home remedies to get rid of a sore throat?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Thomas
Thomas
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Home remedies to get rid of a sore throat?

Post by Thomas »

I'veh ad a weird sore throat for the lats few days, it has sort of come and go. I've been gargling with salt water and drinking tea which seems to be helping a lot, but something irrateded it today and made it sore again. Anyone else have anything that will help me get rid of this a bit faster? If it dosent go awau in a few days I'll go to the hospital, but I doubt it's anything like strep, no dots or anything like that in my throat.
ccb_v2
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by ccb_v2 »

Got a humidifier? I've had the same problem and its from the dry winter air. I have it right now, soar and scratchy, but by mid-day it is gone until around 6... last year I used a humidifier and no more soar throat... but I don't remember what I did with all of its parts... :|
greay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by greay »

honey + lemon are both good. You could try "throat coat" tea, as well.
I'm a lone wolf looking for trouble.
armada
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by armada »

gargle antiseptic but DONT SWALLOW IT!!

sore throat will be gone by tomorrow
ImageImage
mariobro
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by mariobro »

Sadly, time is the only real cure for sore throats...

In the meantime, eat a lot of green apples. The pectin in them clears up your throat. Coffee should help too, and gargling with warm salt water.
"Until I finally made it, life was kinda hit or miss...
And I'd love to talk philosophy, but I gotta take a piss"
-David Lee Roth
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

When I was a kid, my folks would give me some really hot Tang (the space-age orange drink mix). It usually helped for a while.

They make throat sprays to numb your throat up, think the name brand is Chloroseptic. You can probably find a store brand that does the same thing for half the price.

If you do use a humidifier, they make liquid eucalyptus (sp?) extract you can put in them that will sooth your throat as well.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

My nanna says she gargles salt with hydrogen peroxide, but don't swallow. I would research that first because it was a LONG time ago she said that to me.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

antifreeze
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

My personal remedy is to drink a bottle of nyquil, after a night of regular drinking. few days later you wont even remember that old sore throat.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

Godfearing greay wrote:honey + lemon are both good.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Mix whiskey and Gliserin (not sure of exact spelling) then ad 1 or 2 cough drops for flavor. Basically makes a stronger cough syrup.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

JuddWack wrote:My nanna says she gargles salt with hydrogen peroxide, but don't swallow. I would research that first because it was a LONG time ago she said that to me.
Warm water + salt also helps. Just repeatedly gargle, making sure to get as deep into your throat as you can. It does help. Dunno if peroxide makes much of a difference or not though.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I actually woke-up with the pain gone, just still have a weird feeling and tickle at the bottom of my throat. I think it is just bad drainage as I cough up some stuff every so often.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

I've had the same problem all morning. I feel like I have to clear my throat, no matter how hard I clear it it's still there. I think it's just allergies though. I had to take the Christmas tree down last night and carry it outside. I'm dangerously allergic to trees and grass. :o
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

Honey + milk
girls keep telling me they want 8".. so i tell'm ok.. i'll fold it in half
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Lartrak wrote:
JuddWack wrote:My nanna says she gargles salt with hydrogen peroxide, but don't swallow. I would research that first because it was a LONG time ago she said that to me.
Warm water + salt also helps. Just repeatedly gargle, making sure to get as deep into your throat as you can. It does help. Dunno if peroxide makes much of a difference or not though.
If you swallow that you could die or get deathly sick. I wouldn't try that.
GratefulDead
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by GratefulDead »

Honey and lemon is definitely good. Lemon tea with real honey is the best. Any tea with honey works wonders.

Gargle anything with alcohol to help cut and loosen up that phlegm.

Humidifiers are good, but I just take a long shower because I either take them freezing cold or piping hot... piping hot's good for when you're sick. You'll probably hack some crap up as well, so that's a bonus.
SinTex
Admin Goku
Admin Goku

Post by SinTex »

Sore throats take time, but there are several things to do to sooth your throat while it heals. Already mentioned Lemon Tea with Honey, a packet of Soothers & Dairy Milk Chocolate. Yep Chocolate can help with sore throats it laminates ya throat making is smooth.

These are Soothers http://www.britishcornershop.co.uk/brit ... ?id=HM0070

Things to avoid, any food that can irritate it. Toast, crisps etc. Also fizzy drinks as they can cause sore throats.
I am the hope of the universe, i am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace.
I am protector of the innocent, i am the light in the darkness. "I AM TRUTH".
navi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by navi »

1 Cup of Warm Water
1 Tsp. Salt
Mix
Gargle (don't swallow)
Spit Out

I had to this many times when I was in a hurry for work. Also if you have the time a few squirts of Lemon won't hurt.
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

Veggita2099 wrote:
Lartrak wrote:
If you swallow that you could die or get deathly sick. I wouldn't try that.
From Wikipedia:
The Food and Drug Administration has approved 3% hydrogen peroxide ("Food Grade", or without added chemical stabilisers) for use as a mouthwash."