dc to pc linux server

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Hashmire420
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

dc to pc linux server

Post by Hashmire420 »

Well today my windows install finally died. I tried to reinstall or do a system recovery but right after my computer started it would say read disk error. So i installed my old copy of ubuntu.

But anyways I remember not being able to use windows for the dc to pc server so im wondering is there anyway to do it with linux?
Ceeg wrote:>_>
*imagines an X Box that can please me........sexually*
DeeMON
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DeeMON »

i never figured out how to work with windows either. i dont think theres a way to do it with Linux, but if there is one....ill be freakin happy )
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Vchat20 »

it works with windows, but requires 98 from what ive figured (got it working with an elaborate setup using vmware and some com port sharing apps but it was ungodly slow at a measely 8 kbits/s).

the dc<->pc server guide had a linux solution listed, but beyond that I have no clue.
Hashmire420
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Hashmire420 »

ok ive got wine running and ive set up a fake windows install, so does anyone know where i can get a download or buy windows server. I may have an old copy of 98 so its probably somewhere on the disc. But i havnt seen it since my 733 mhz beast.
Ceeg wrote:>_>
*imagines an X Box that can please me........sexually*
djmihow
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by djmihow »